IGNORED

Dark Souls

cimerians

Elder Scrolls IV, Dragon Age II and now the hardcore gory death dealing Dark Souls. What a bloody year this will be:

http://www.destructoid.com/the-first-dark-souls-trailer-i-oh-god-giant-rats-193115.phtml

I still play the first one, this i

**dies**

Don't you mean Elder Scrolls V?

Not to up on my Roman Numerals but isn't IV = 4 which is Oblivion....

Elder Scrolls IV, Dragon Age II and now the hardcore gory death dealing Dark Souls. What a bloody year this will be:

http://www.destructoid.com/the-first-dark-souls-trailer-i-oh-god-giant-rats-193115.phtml

I still play the first one, this i

**dies**

Don't you mean Elder Scrolls V?

Not to up on my Roman Numerals but isn't IV = 4 which is Oblivion....

I've lost track :P

This was awesome news.

Demon Souls was a revelation for me. I think its probably the best title of this generation... I was surprised that Dark Souls is going to be released so soon, remember -- maybe incorrectly -- that the developers had no plans for a sequel. I'm glad one is coming, however. I'm especially happy that it is coming to the 360. While I'll stick with the PS3 version, I've got enough friends who would love this game, but do not have a PS3.

Oh man! Demons Souls is easily my favorite PS3 game.

I hope Dark Souls can even come close to touching the greatness that first game was.

This statement makes me think it might surpass the original... "There will be a lot more exploration in Dark Souls" Those screen shots don't hurt either.

Simply amazing looking. :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

As if the game won't be tough enough, a story on Joystiq reports:

"According to Japanese gaming blog Esuteru, folks who managed to grab illicit, pre-launch copies of Dark Souls are being punished by developer From Software. The site says that members of the dev team are dropping horrifically overpowered, maximum level Black Phantoms into the environments of players who grabbed their copy of the game through a retailer that broke street date."

GameInformer reports:

"Edge says that Japanese sources are reporting that those playing the game ahead of its street date are finding their game invaded by extremely overpowered Black Phantom characters. One of these PvP opponents was documented as being at level 145 with a maxed out 99 in every stat in the game. For comparison's sake, I've been playing the game for review and am in the mid-50s after 50 hours of playing. A level 145 character would destroy me without even thinking about it, even without the maxed stats."

:rolling:

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

"According to Japanese gaming blog Esuteru, folks who managed to grab illicit, pre-launch copies of Dark Souls are being punished by developer From Software. The site says that members of the dev team are dropping horrifically overpowered, maximum level Black Phantoms into the environments of players who grabbed their copy of the game through a retailer that broke street date."

GameInformer reports:

"Edge says that Japanese sources are reporting that those playing the game ahead of its street date are finding their game invaded by extremely overpowered Black Phantom characters. One of these PvP opponents was documented as being at level 145 with a maxed out 99 in every stat in the game. For comparison's sake, I've been playing the game for review and am in the mid-50s after 50 hours of playing. A level 145 character would destroy me without even thinking about it, even without the maxed stats."

Mendon

:-o

LOL!

Whack! Dead......

GameInformer reports:

Mendon

That is fucking hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing the shit out of this. If you liked Demon Souls, then you are going to LOVE this game. It hits the ball right out of the park. Biggest difference is that it's all one big world. No hub. As you explore, you discover camp fires that act as save points (among other things). It's HUGE. It's gorgeous, moody, and brilliant.

And it will kick your ass. It will make Demon Souls seem easy. But that won't discourage you, because it's so damn good.

With Dark Souls, this has officially become one of my favorite RPG series of all time. Its hard, tough, yet fair like all of the old Wizardry games.

Game of the Year for sure, though it might be tied by Skyrim.

I've been playing the shit out of this. If you liked Demon Souls, then you are going to LOVE this game. It hits the ball right out of the park. Biggest difference is that it's all one big world. No hub. As you explore, you discover camp fires that act as save points (among other things). It's HUGE. It's gorgeous, moody, and brilliant.

And it will kick your ass. It will make Demon Souls seem easy. But that won't discourage you, because it's so damn good.

With Dark Souls, this has officially become one of my favorite RPG series of all time. Its hard, tough, yet fair like all of the old Wizardry games.

Cool thanks for the comments...I'm going to start playing this as soon as I'm settled. I didn't get my copy until the week of my move. Still unpacking. I did see a few reviews and its right up there as the most exciting game for me to play along with Skyrim for the remainder of the year.

Can't wait to start. What class did you pick?

• 2 weeks later...

Cool thanks for the comments...I'm going to start playing this as soon as I'm settled. I didn't get my copy until the week of my move. Still unpacking. I did see a few reviews and its right up there as the most exciting game for me to play along with Skyrim for the remainder of the year.

Can't wait to start. What class did you pick?

I usually go with a class that has high ,mobility but good offense with some bow/magic ability. It's working well so far. Good times for sure. Dark souls is BIG. It does get easier. There's a trick you can use to kill the big dragon on the bridge. Shoot his tail from the lower bridge, and when you finally break it off with arrows, you get the drake sword, which makes the beginning MUCH easier.

There's a trick you can use to kill the big dragon on the bridge. Shoot his tail from the lower bridge, and when you finally break it off with arrows, you get the drake sword, which makes the beginning MUCH easier.

I picked the Royal in Demons Souls because I liked having a ranged weapon\spell along with some mobility and the spear was very handy. I ended up with the executioners armor which helped me a lot in that game.

Thanks for the tips. Keep posting them cause I'll be using them. :)

Edited by cimerians

My first day off n 4 weeks...I think I'm gonna sit and have a binge session with Dark Souls :)

I bought the damn game 3 weeks ago, ragequit (lol), and never had time to pick it back up and play it. I've never played demon souls but i needed something to hold me over til ES:V hits the shelves. I feel that playing somthing this punishing is only gonna make me love the Elder Scrolls even more (because of how laid back that series can be). On top of that this is handsdown my favorite genre in gaming.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty damn good article for anyone who is about to play:

Good deal. I will get and play this eventually.

I just have so many games to make my way through now as it is. I suspect it will be awhile.

I still need to finish the first one! Got so far into it, and then got my ass handed to me so bad by a pair of bosses I put it away.

• 2 weeks later...