IGNORED

nanoPEB and E/A cart : I/O error code 0

lucifershalo

I don't know, that's why I was asking exactly what did you download and how you got it on to the CF card. The only formats I see on the Game Shelf are emulator files, so I assume you would have to do some sort of conversion, like stripping the TI-Files header or something? Like I said, I have not messed with my CF7 beyond looking through the menu of stuff that came with it.

Hmm. The Game Shelf is timing out for me right now. I think there were two files to download for Major, a TI-Files and T9 which says only works with Classic99. Which did you download?

I'm sure those files have to be converted. I have yet to really focus on all the virtual disk and file formats, why so many exist, and how to convert any given type to be usable. Two formats is one too many IMO. I'm sure you have to use TIdir to convert the T9V9 into something usable on the real hardware. I don't know for sure right off hand, but a search on this forum or Google will probably give you the answer.

The Game Shelf is still timing out for me, so I can't download anything to try right now.

I finally have a E/A cart

and tried some of the programs from

http://tigameshelf.net/asm.htm

but every time I tried to load it it says

"I/O error code 0"

does it mean that it cant access the NanoPEB?

thanks

I ran into the same issue last night (first time trying out my CF7+ after a year or two of having it). I was using XB however, not E/A. Other dsk images seemed to work fine though.

~telengard

It depends on what is downloaded, obviously, but assuming it's in dsk format already, all you have to do is load the dsk image onto a CF card, then you need to "mount" a CF image to a physical "drive". Mount CF0001 as "DSK1" or something like that. In TI99Dir, there is an option for "Mount CF image" and it gives you plenty of decent instruction. It is in this way that you can have hundreds of dsks on a CF card which only facilitates the max TI capacity of 3 physical drives. Unlike a RAMdisk, you cannot use "DSKC" and the like... Just DSK1,2&3.

Once your image is mounted into DSK1, all you need to do is run your program as required. If you have done all these things and still can't get it to work, you might want to run some additional tests.

For 1, go to TIXB and type in:

100 PRINT "TEST
200 END

Then type SAVE "DSK1.TEST" and see what happens.

Edited by Opry99er

Try uncoupling the CF7 from the TI and attempting the same load. See which I/O error it gives. If it's "0" then we may be looking at something hardware-related.... But I am pretty sure it will give a different I/O error.

When your TI99Dir is up and running, what does your directory listing look like in the window?

It depends on what is downloaded, obviously, but assuming it's in dsk format already, all you have to do is load the dsk image onto a CF card, then you need to "mount" a CF image to a physical "drive". Mount CF0001 as "DSK1" or something like that. In TI99Dir, there is an option for "Mount CF image" and it gives you plenty of decent instruction. It is in this way that you can have hundreds of dsks on a CF card which only facilitates the max TI capacity of 3 physical drives. Unlike a RAMdisk, you cannot use "DSKC" and the like... Just DSK1,2&3.

Once your image is mounted into DSK1, all you need to do is run your program as required. If you have done all these things and still can't get it to work, you might want to run some additional tests.

For 1, go to TIXB and type in:

100 PRINT "TEST
200 END

Then type SAVE "DSK1.TEST" and see what happens.

I/O error 60

So you weren't able to save. One of 5 things is happening (in my estimation)

1) your DSK isn't formatted properly

2) your CF card isn't formatted properly

3) your DSK image isn't mounted properly

4) your CF7 is bad

5) your CF card is bad

Probably one of (or a combination of) the first 3 is most likely. Obviously the TI recognizes the CF7.... Does it show up in your title screen? ("CF7 installed" or something like that)

lucifershalo and telengard, do either of you guys have the manual for the CF7+?

There are instructions in there for the mounting of the drives.

The CF7+ adds a few of it's own commands and they are very helpful.

You use one of them, the Call Mount command, and it's very easy once you know the syntax.

Yep--- you can mount with TI BASIC, but I just use TI99Dir because it's graphic, easy, and a one stop shop. Of course if you're on the real hardware--- you use CALL MOUNT to switch up the volumes in the drives so you don't have to go back to the PC. :) Thanks for mentioning that... I don't use CALL MOUNT very often because of how often I plug my card into my PC.

Your card looks just fine. :) Formatted, clean.... Just gotta get Volume #2 mounted as DSK1. That's the only issue right now. I can't remember the CALL MOUNT syntax... But I think you'd use CALL MOUNT(2,1), for volume 2, drive 1. Been a while since I did that though, so don't quote me. It may be reversed and I may have it totally wrong. :)