IGNORED

Closest thing to Wasteland RPG for the Genesis

SegaShooters

I started playing Wasteland for DOS. I really like it even though I never considered myself a big player of RPG's but can anyone tell me what the closest game to Wasteland would be for the Genesis.

Thanks.

Wasteland is an absolute FAVORITE of mine. Been a fan since I had the original copy back in the day on my C-64. Played through that baby so many times it wasn't funny. Ever since then I've been hooked on the genre. Fallout 1, 2, & 3. New Vegas, even Fallout Tactics. Love them all.

I appreciate the thought guys.

Not being a big fan of RPG's i'm not very familiar with them for any system but i'm so into Wasteland right now I think it would be the coolest thing to see it ported to the Genesis by some talented Sega Genesis/Wasteland fans in the near future.

I do like Buck Rogers for the Genny though, and Starflight also.

Not being a big fan of RPG's i'm not very familiar with them for any system but i'm so into Wasteland right now I think it would be the coolest thing to see it ported to the Genesis by some talented Sega Genesis/Wasteland fans in the near future.

What about wasteland draws you in?

Is it the general gameplay, or is it the story/theme (apocolyptic/cyberpunk)?

General Gameplay wise you could try nearly any classic RPG, like

Might and Magic: Gates to Another World

Shining in the Darkness, a first person maze crawler...

Sword of Vermillion has mazes, actiony battles, and overhead towns. Its a nice mix of everything.

Or you might like Sega CD stuff like Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master II: Skullkeep.

if it's the theme, you will be hard pressed to find it on ANY system. The cyberpunk RPG genre never really took off, which sucks. Buck Rogers and Shadowrun really are about all you'll find.... I hope we're all missing something here, but yeah... Cyberpunk/Scifi/Apocolyptic RPGs did not really happen anywhere, let alone the Genesis.

Totally blows.

Wasteland really appeals to me because it seems more "lifelike" or possible/probable futuristic (don't mean to be so morbid here), whereas most RPG's always seemed so fantasy/dreamlike/sci-fi themed, not that that's a bad thing. It's like I can almost see this happening to our world and most of what goes on in the game (human nature/greed/evil/survival/banding together/leadership/decision making) is based on real-life. It almost seems scary yet it makes you want to be a good leader and strong-willed, just like real life situations.

I don't know how many of you guys would agree with me about that, just my opinion.

Nevertheless, it's a great game and i'm playing it now on DOS and through the Commodore 64 emulator ccs64. I downloaded the game from c64.com and there's another site in French that has an unbelievable database of games and programs for a huge number of systems. :)

What about wasteland draws you in?

Is it the general gameplay, or is it the story/theme (apocolyptic/cyberpunk)?

General Gameplay wise you could try nearly any classic RPG, like

Might and Magic: Gates to Another World

Shining in the Darkness, a first person maze crawler...

Sword of Vermillion has mazes, actiony battles, and overhead towns. Its a nice mix of everything.

Or you might like Sega CD stuff like Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master II: Skullkeep.

if it's the theme, you will be hard pressed to find it on ANY system. The cyberpunk RPG genre never really took off, which sucks. Buck Rogers and Shadowrun really are about all you'll find.... I hope we're all missing something here, but yeah... Cyberpunk/Scifi/Apocolyptic RPGs did not really happen anywhere, let alone the Genesis.

Totally blows.