IGNORED

Killzone 3 Beta

Mendon

I'll be downloading the demo too...

As in the previous thread I mentioned that I really liked Killzone 2 but it didnt have enough for me to buy it. And then when the price dropped they announced Killzone 3 so I decided to wait. I also got sick of FPS games for a while. The story was a little weak for me and I got about halfway through before giving it back to my friend.

I read from various (positive) reviews that Killzone 3 has the best multiplayer to date of any game. I'm curious even though I'm mainly a single player freak.

I thought the Killzone 2 looked great so I'm anxious to see Killzone 3.

I can't believe this from a ps3, but the graphics are better than killzone 2. And it runs smoother.

I don't use the brutal melee that much, and avoid using it on purpose because its slightly disturbing, shoving your fingers in some ailen's eyeballs. Whats with this game and eyes? two out of 3 or 4 in this game have to do with eyes...

The controlls are what you expect.

I'm having lots of trouble getting online with this beta though, it won't load up the reigeons, So I've been playing bot mode. I like the AI. Better than, lets see, call of duty games, and well, every other fps that I've played. all the other games do is go to position, shoot, duck repeat. I was standing at the bottom of the stairs while this helgahst was upstairs, and I threw a grenade up there, that guy just booked it down the stairs at full speed and tried to exit the room before I shot, but I got him.

I think I will bug my friends to play this instead of MW2 because of hackers, since this is a new game, I expect them to put security measures on the servers themselves, instead of leaving it all up to the consoles.

Killzone Demo is out for non plus folk.

I downloaded it last night. I must say I'm quite impressed. It seems they improved on it very much. The jetpack is loads of fun! I would like to try out co-op, I didnt test the demo to see if co-op is enabled. I also tried it out in 3D but the options were greyed out for the 3D scaling. It worked with the glasses on but I didnt get as much effect as I would in a movie.

A lot of fun so far and I'm not the biggest shooter fan, I'll end up buying this one. (I think this game would make Cybergoth completely sick)

:P

BTW: the melee combat is pretty sweet. Bashing heads was never this much fun. :D

It took about 30-45 minutes before I had to stop playing. I can take it for the most part but the camera in this game is all over the place constantly. Especially when you climb things and the camera moves around. Feels like your in a large fishbowl riding a Tilt-a-Whirl.

:skull:

I liked it a lot though so I still will get it and pace myself through the whole thing like I did with Resistance 1 and 2.

I'm so frustrated that people never mention this, it must just be me.

But the controls are so DELAYED.

When I move my head to the right, it takes almost half a second for the same thing to happen on screen.

All the Call of Duty and Resistance games don't have this problem. The controls are perfect, there is no delay. But with Killzone 2 and 3, I just can't stand it.

It's unplayable to me, I don't understand how people can just shrug this off.

I'm so frustrated that people never mention this, it must just be me.

But the controls are so DELAYED.

When I move my head to the right, it takes almost half a second for the same thing to happen on screen.

All the Call of Duty and Resistance games don't have this problem. The controls are perfect, there is no delay. But with Killzone 2 and 3, I just can't stand it.

It's unplayable to me, I don't understand how people can just shrug this off.

Hmmm I dont notice that all but I think your confusing what was an actual issue with Killzone 2 and what they are now trying to accomplish today.

In fact it feels like you are actually firing a gun now. Its shot or gun "weight". When I fired a secondary shot it "felt" like I shot a real gun. It felt "heavy". I'm loving it.

Here's the info:

http://www.destructoid.com/killzone-3-removes-the-lag-but-keeps-the-weight--187702.phtml