IGNORED

Sonic Wings Special

HammR25

LOL

There's a lot of Japanese PS1 shooters for download, is this one of the better ones? Looks like Tiger Heli. Is that a copter?

It's not great. My impression is that it's pretty average. You'll get your money's worth out of it in a single play when you consider it would munch dozens of quarters to get to the end once. Beyond that, I don't know.

It scratched my itch to have a shooter with modern aircraft and pseudo modern aircraft. For me, it's neat to play a SHMUP where I fly a F-22 and get to blast B-1 bombers into scrap. I like stuff like that. I like Strikers 1999 better, though.

LOL

There's a lot of Japanese PS1 shooters for download, is this one of the better ones? Looks like Tiger Heli. Is that a copter?

That's an A-10 in the screenshot. It's also got an F-15, F-117, KA-50 Hokum, FS-X, AJ-37 Viggen, IL-102, F-104, and YF-23. They each have their own characteristics. The game is only $6 on PSN. I assume one could play it on MAME as well. I use my fight stick with it and the autofire on that comes in handy. My fingers start to cramp quickly otherwise. You are also forced to use the d-pad with the regular controller because the analog sticks don't work on PS1 games. My fight stick works with the game so I guess it's mapped to the dpad.

Of the Japanese shmups for download this one is my favorite, probably because it's more western styled than the other ones.