IGNORED

No more Root Beer Tapper?

keilbaca

They removed the links to some of the games a while back. Anyone that owns the game can send you the link to re download the game again. Check out the XBLA Games listing here:

http://www.atariage....e-game-listing/

I own the game... that's the problem. I can't seem to find out how to redownload them...

EDIT: Figured it out how to get previous content. I have both games safe and sound.

Just surprised that they took down these, and it looks like the Mortal Kombats also. :(

• Like 1

Maybe they are planning on releasing them on a disk collection soon?

Not really sure, but yes (and I know you already know this but for folks that don't) if you have downloaded them in the past, you can access them via your Download History. :thumbsup:

Two more games that are no longer available through the marketplace, Joust and Robotron 2084, are still available via download codes. Robotron you can find on EBay and Joust you can find on old 12 month Live subscription cards at BestBuy ($49.99). Also you can buy codes for Doom (which has also been pulled from the marketplace) for $4.99 at Gamestop. If anyone knows of anyplace to get a DoubleDragon code let me know. That is the one game that has been pulled that I didn't have a chance to grab and still want.

You can just redownload these games from your download history, as I assume you've discovered

Wasn't there something about Midway games about a year ago? I know there are still some Midway games available on PSN but I could swear there was some sort of problem with the "rights" to them after the company went kaput.

Still up on PSN last I knew, but they've been removed from XBLA for quite sometime now.

Two more games that are no longer available through the marketplace, Joust and Robotron 2084, are still available via download codes.

The download codes supposedly no longer work from what I've seen discussed back when these were first delisted. The purchase is considered as when the code is redeemed, and since purchases are now disabled, they can't be successfully redeemed. Worth a try though since what I've read could very well be misinformation.

Glad I have their XBLA games I wanted (Never bought UMK3, Cyberball, or Paperboy but I don't like those games). I regret spending 200 points on Gauntlet though, that game just isn't for me but it was half off at the time.

They pulled DOOM? W. T. F. :x

It was published by Activision. Now that the publishing agreement has lapsed and Bethesda is publishing id software now (Including XBLA versions of Wolfenstein 3D and Doom II), it wasn't renewed. Thus, it's now been pulled.

Edited by Atariboy

The download codes supposedly no longer work from what I've seen discussed back when these were first delisted. The purchase is considered as when the code is redeemed, and since purchases are now disabled, they can't be successfully redeemed. Worth a try though since what I've read could very well be misinformation.

Atariboy - I can confirm that the Robotron 2084 codes do still work as I bought one and used one about three weeks ago. I also traded a Joust code from one of those 12 month subscriptions recently and the person that received it said that they were able to download the game without a hitch.

Just for the record, some things in your download history cannot be redownloaded. Some items come up with a message about the content not being currently available.

Oh wow. I'm going to go check on some of the latest ones that have been pulled and see if they are included.

They haven't been pulled. I went back and verified they can still be downloaded. (Provided they are in your download history)

In fact I was using a console I hadn't downloaded Root Beer Tapper to and just downloaded it no problem.

I checked Dodge Ball, Doom 1 and 2, Robotron and they showed up as well, although I didn't actually download them since I had them on the console already, when I pulled them up it said I had already purchased the content and did I want to download again, so I'm assuming they work fine.

Just for the record, some things in your download history cannot be redownloaded. Some items come up with a message about the content not being currently available.

From what I can tell these items are generally previews, promos or music videos that have been pulled. They were free downloads initially so it makes sense that you can no longer get them. So far, I haven't seen a single paid game pulled completely (as in you can't re-download it if you purchased it).

It just boggles me why they're pulling them. I mean its not like they're taking up a lot of space in the arcade marketplace... or on their servers...

They're being pulled from sale for legal reasons. And as has been stated multiple times, they remain available for buyers to redownload after being delisted.

Doom disappeared when Activision's publishing agreement ended, Midway's XBLA games disappeared sometime after Midway was liquidated for what I think everyone assumes are legal reasons, Outrun Online Arcade is being pulled due to Sega's Ferrari license expiring, Dougle Dragon went when the company imploded, Yaris and Dash of Destruction were pulled due to agreements that specified a 1 year promotional period, etc.

They're not doing it to save space.

Atariboy - I can confirm that the Robotron 2084 codes do still work as I bought one and used one about three weeks ago.

Glad to hear that's the case.

Edited by Atariboy

So if you never bought it your out of luck?

I'm not sure about that, I thought I remember reading years ago when they first mentioned some games might no longer appear in the store, that you could still get items that had been pulled if your friends owned them or something like that. Not sure how that worked, if it ever did.

I'm not sure about that, I thought I remember reading years ago when they first mentioned some games might no longer appear in the store, that you could still get items that had been pulled if your friends owned them or something like that. Not sure how that worked, if it ever did.

Moycon, I know that a number of the games that have been pulled can't be purchased if your friends purchased them. What that is referring to is if you either: "had a friend give you a MU with the game" or "HD with the game on it", it would be there as a demo. There is usually a "Purchase button" in the main menu, these have been disabled for the games that have been de-listed.

I know it is a fruitless effort, but I would still love to try the demo purchase with Double Dragon if anyone wants to swap 512 memory cards. I'm kind of desperate for that single game. ;) I doubt I'll be able to get it short of buying someone else's GT that controls the rights to it.

Edit------------Atariboy........you made me drop 800 M$P (reducing me to essentially nothing) on Outrun. I had been hoping for a sale on it, but I had to jump when I saw your post. When did you hear that they may be losing the license? I didn't want a repeat of the other games.

Edit 2---------From what I have seen Outrun is slated for de-listing in Decemeber of 2011. I can't confirm or solidify any date.

Edited by Elw00d

So if you never bought it your out of luck?

That was when they wanted to clean house so the marketplace wasn't cluttered with poor performers, games with low Metacritic scores, etc. That plan was never implimented.

The games that have been delisted so far have been delisted because legally, they can't be sold any longer.

I know it is a fruitless effort, but I would still love to try the demo purchase with Double Dragon if anyone wants to swap 512 memory cards. I'm kind of desperate for that single game. ;) I doubt I'll be able to get it short of buying someone else's GT that controls the rights to it.

I downloaded the demo but didn't get around to buying it before being delisted. So I have the license to download the game in demo mode and have tried unlocking the full game since then. It doesn't work.

Edit------------Atariboy........you made me drop 800 M$P (reducing me to essentially nothing) on Outrun. I had been hoping for a sale on it, but I had to jump when I saw your post. When did you hear that they may be losing the license? I didn't want a repeat of the other games.

Edit 2---------From what I have seen Outrun is slated for de-listing in Decemeber of 2011. I can't confirm or solidify any date.

I had heard it was going to be delisted in the February/March timeframe. It was actually 50% off recently (Which I figured it would stay at until being delisted), but I guess they returned it to 800 points. Even at 800 points, I bet you won't regret it after spending some time with it.

http://i56.tinypic.com/25pqpsw.jpg

Edited by Atariboy

Outrun Arcade is getting delisted soon? Time to buy it. I LOVE Outrun on the PS2, and I imagine this is similar to that.

It's the set of 15 Outrun 2 SP tracks from Coast to Coast that you play on your PS2. Doesn't include the original 15 Outrun 2 tracks that were in the game (They were still stringent on XBLA game sizes when this was developed), so it's a bit of a slim release compared to Coast to Coast (Less songs, less cars, half the tracks, etc.)

It's basically a console port of the Outrun 2 SP additions without the original Outrun 2 content. It's great even if you own Coast to Coast just for the HD graphics, the convenience factor of having it sitting on your HD ready at a moment's notice, the achievements if you're a fan of Outrun 2 and the 360's achievement system, and the online leaderboards and multiplayer (Outrun 2 and Coast to Coast are both offline now).

So sadly it's not a definitive release for the Outrun 2 series, but it's still a great value at $10 and well worth grabbing. Despite owning Outrun 2 on the Xbox and Coast 2 Coast on the Xbox, PS2, and PSP (I'm a fan and had to see how each version turned out :)), I thought it was worthwhile.

Edited by Atariboy