IGNORED

Turn off FCTN+4?

Opry99er

Strange--- XB tells me I can't use ON BREAK in a program.... I tried the following:

10 ON BREAK CONTINUE

It says it's not allowed in a program... I wasn't planning on putting it in while I'm coding and debugging, but I definitely want it in for the demos and the final product. I'm about to release the first playable demo for Beryl, so I was hoping to get it in there now. :)

Strange--- XB tells me I can't use ON BREAK in a program.... I tried the following:

10 ON BREAK CONTINUE

It says it's not allowed in a program... I wasn't planning on putting it in while I'm coding and debugging, but I definitely want it in for the demos and the final product. I'm about to release the first playable demo for Beryl, so I was hoping to get it in there now. :)

That is because "CONTINUE" is its own statement and can only be executed in immediate mode. IIRC, the syntax is

10 ON BREAK NEXT

10 ON BREAK CONTINUE

That is because "CONTINUE" is its own statement and can only be executed in immediate mode. IIRC, the syntax is

10 ON BREAK NEXT

Opps, my memory failed me on that one. :)

Adamantyr

It's been about 27 years since I've used this... But I believe when you Save Protected, it also stops Break.

Remember to have a redo or play again setting.

Also, I would break from games by using other key combo's. Like play Again (Y/N)? accept a key like \ or something not easy to mistakenly press.

and have the if condition end.

I am just starting to play with the ti again. I am using an emulator at the moment, but I have hardware someplace!

Be well.

Good call. I have a menu system I'm working on right now that will give the player a series of options to:

1) SAVE

2) USE ITEMS (non-combat)

3) CAST SPELLS (non-combat)

4) RE-ORDER PARTY

Etc. Etc.

It is definitely essential to give yourself and "out,". Thanks for bringing that up. :)

Speaking of the menu system--- any of you RPG players have a preference in menu-style? There are the console menu systems... Single key with moving cursor... Designed to be used with d-pads.

Then there are the classical styles... Menus set up around numbered listings. I kind of like both, but on our system-- it might be better to go with a more traditional "computer" RPG style-... We'll see. You guys have any favorite systems from games you've played? I'm interested to hear.

FCTN-= works well for me ;)

Hehe.. not so good if you forgot to save your changes before typing RUN! ;)

Then we have a teachable moment, do we not? heheheh I have locked my self out of my car, house, relationship, you name it, several times. I possess little pity... :D

Too bad the TI does not have the equivalent of the RUN/STOP-RESTORE keystroke of the Commodore 64. Of course, it can be over-ridden (I used it in a couple of my own programs, and recall it being used in some others for various functions,) but still a nice way to break out of something without trashing BASIC memory.