IGNORED

Another Adventure? Yep...

keithbk

To purchase this fully boxed/shrinkwrapped, follow this link:

OUT OF PRINT, SORRY!

finall10.jpg

14020111.jpg

boxtem10.jpg

We've all been here before...we love Adventure, but we want MORE...

So, what is different about this new version of the beloved game of Adventure? Well, thanks to Nukey, quite a bit!

1) Enhanced Graphics, including flippable redesigned dragons

2) A sword that changes directions with you as you move

3) The bat now resurrects dead dragons (better keep tabs on that sword!!!) in games 3 and 5.

I have attached some images and the completed file. Here are some pics, I'd love to get your feedback:

ataris10.jpg

ataris11.jpg

ataris12.jpg

ataris13.jpg

Click for video of gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/embed/o-DrkqWsi-o

Game 1 - Normal "updated" game

Game 2 - Expanded kingdom, items in set locations.

Game 3 - Expanded kingdom, items in set locations, bat resurrects dragons.

Game 4 - Expanded kingdom, randomly placed items

Game 5 - Expanded kingdom, randomly placed items, bat resurrects dragons.

Edited by keithbk
  • Thanks 1

I've only played it through once (and on level 1 at that), but once you're done, I'd love to have it on cart (preferably with box and manual)!

I like how you put obstacles in the way so that it's not quite so easy to evade dragons, but easier for them to evade you if you have the sword.

I've only played it through once (and on level 1 at that), but once you're done, I'd love to have it on cart (preferably with box and manual)!

I like how you put obstacles in the way so that it's not quite so easy to evade dragons, but easier for them to evade you if you have the sword.

I would love to put it on a cart :)

I have not gotten that far yet...would love input on this option from people if there is enough interest!

Can someone give me some information on actually putting this on a cart? I'd like to do this once I am finished.

Before I do this, I will contact the original author of the game first. I really don't want to ruffle any feathers.

Whoops, his email bounced. Anybody have his current email?

Edited by keithbk

Revision 2/20/2011, 11:07PM EST (Posted Above)

Added Volcano Gate Entryway, Gate Key and Passageways

Reconfigured Ice Castle Interior

Minor tweaks

I believe I have overcome the possibility of the "unwinnable game" scenario in the Game 3 random object placement. If anyone winds up with an unwinnable game 3 (where essentially a key for one castle is locked in a castle with the other key), please let me know.

Oh, and now with certain rooms, it is possible that the bat may drop items in inconvenient areas where the objects cannot be seen until attracted by the magnet. Blame it on the bat, not on me ;)

Edited by keithbk

Your latest binary does not work on game 3.

You are correct; I'm going through the code right now trying to find where the mistake is; it likely it has something to do with the random seed generation.

I've seen this problem before. Make sure the first number is smaller than the second number in the room bounds data (and remember, you are working with hexadecimal numbers).

Did you intend for the white castle interior to be linked with an unrelated room? It's possible to become trapped in there (if the white castle happens to be locked and you aren't carrying the key in with you, trying to exit will not be allowed).

You are referencing the two dark passageways that link the Volcano to the Ice castle. Yes, that was the intent, as originally, it was possible to have an unwinnable game 3 because the key to the white castle could be in the black castle while simultaneously the black key could be in the white castle. This was a way around that issue, although it may no longer be a problem with the current setup.