IGNORED

Interesting poll on GameFAQs today...

4Ks

I'm a bit surprised so many are against the bannings according to that poll (over 20%). Giving up PSN is all part of the choice to hack the console, and has been since the beginning. You either give it up voluntarily, or expect that Sony will do their level best to keep you off it from their end.

I don't think many folks on this board have hacked consoles, though. 1 for sure, maybe 2, and I sure don't think they've taken them online.

Edited by Reaperman

I'm a bit surprised so many are against the bannings according to that poll (over 20%). Giving up PSN is all part of the choice to hack the console, and has been since the beginning. You either give it up voluntarily, or expect that Sony will do their level best to keep you off it from their end.

I don't think many folks on this board have hacked consoles, though. 1 for sure, maybe 2, and I sure don't think they've taken them online.

Mine is an unhacked console. I have looked at the code to understand how it works and what they were able to do to make the break, but that's the extent of it. PSN is important to me as I've purchased content on it, and I have no desire to invalidate access to it. I think giving up PSN access for homebrew application development is a fair tradeoff, however, for the ones who would like to do that. But it's just not for me.

I don't really care for what SONY is doing but i do care for it because some people are taking advantage of it and are cheating in online games and are infringing on copyrights (they call it being a pirate).

I don't really care for that poll either, because they seem to automatically think (that goes for a lot of people as well) that if you have a hacked/modded console you are a cheater and a pirate. and a lot of the times that isnt so. the bad apples ruin it for others that just want to use it for homebrew.

just because one cheats in a online game does not mean they are a hacker, a hacker created the cheat, a cheater uses it to their advantage. the miss use of the word hacker pisses me off to no end. Most of the cheaters have issues on knowing how to install the cheat let alone knowing how to program.

I have a hacked/modded PSP, does that make me a cheater or that i partake in copyright infringement, no it does not.