IGNORED

Oldies but goodies

cimerians

Can anyone name some older games that might be worth getting? There's a recyclery store opening up where I live and I called and they have tons of older 360 games (like Gamestop) but well under 20 bucks. Some like 7 or 9 bucks each.

I was specifically thinking about the Darkness and Condemned anyone know if those are pretty good?

Anyone care to list like a top 5 or something? (No downloads just disc based)

I was also thinking about Overlord and maybe Saints Row....

I'd say the Darkness and Overlord are both well worth having. Two of my favorite games on the 360 personally. Also, Prey is pretty cool too and should be really cheap now.

Any of the Halo games are worth having (if you like FPS) and should all be cheap. I prefer Unreal Tournament 3 for deathmatch type gaming.

If you like sim type stuff, get Viva Pinata, their old, but still pretty good, though I'd stay away from Party animals, it's a racing game minus the fun :P

If you like racing games, Froza Motorsports and Project Gotham are both good series, and the Need for Speed games.

If you like RPG stuff, look into Oblivion (don't know if morrowind works on the 360 or not, I'll have to dig that out sometime) Blue Dragon is more traditional style than Oblivion's adventury aspects.

And if you like puzzles, anything by Popcap is cool, you can get a lot of them on discs, and there's the Arcade collection too with Pac-man on it. It's not very old, but Plants vs zombies can be had for under $20 new now.

Condemned criminal origins is pretty good, worth it if its cheap IMO

depending on how old old is, you could always go for gears of war, if you haven't already played it. I enjoyed dark sector (although nobody else did :ponder:). Video mentioned prey which is very good

I liked dark sector a lot, personally I thought it was a better game than gears.

Condemned is a good choice, its slow moving but it gets genuinely creepy as hell. Saints row is a lot of fun, its what gta4 should have been imo, it has all the humor and lightheartedness that gta4 was missing.

Older games that can be had very cheap and I loved are:

Perfect Dark Zero (Only if you have someone to co-op with)

Prey (The online vs was second to none when it first came out, now it's pretty dead but the campaign is well worth a play through)

Condemned (Oh yeah one of the best games on the 360)

Overlord (Really well done Pikmin style game with killer dark humor)

Crackdown (One of my favorites, it's better co-op but solid as a single player game as well)

Burnout Paradise (So much to do in this game you can play it for hours and not scratch the surface, I still play it)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Probably played through this one 3 times, co-op or alone its a fun game)

Kameo (I think the 360 had the strongest line up of games at launch, this was one of them)

Quake 4 is a highly underated X360 launch title, IMO.

Over G Fighters is great when played with the sim mode settings maxed out. Avoid the horrible arcade mode settings in Over G though, as it dumbs down the game to the point of making it boring to play.

Mass Effect

Lost Planet

Clive Barker's Jericho

Gears of War

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Rainbow Six: Vegas

Oblivion is an excellent RPG if you haven't played it yet.

Edited by Major Havoc 2049

The two games I walked away with on launch day were Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero. I enjoyed them both immensely, especially Kameo. I've played through it twice, and just think that it's dripping with character. PDZ has some wonky physics when you kill someone, but it's nonetheless a great game.

A couple weeks later in 2006 I got CoD 2....can't go wrong with that. And all 3 of these gems have got to be dirt cheap now.

Damn...great lists. It shows how utterly fantastic the release of the Xbox 360 was. I remember grabbing my first unit (which of course broke after a few years)...and copies of Kameo, Oblivion and Call of Duty 2. Great fun.

So far I'm definitelly going to get the following:

Saints Row

The Darkness

Test Drive Un.

I picked up Condemned this weekend but they didn't have the above three.

As far as shooters go I'm tempted to grab Quake or possibly Perfect Dark since I saw copies of those games there.

Lots of good choices among the games posted. One I haven't seen is Prince of Persia. It's a little short and can be maddening in a couple places but overall it's a lot of fun. Picked it up new for $10.

Overlord 2 is a discount title at Walmart now.

Quake 2 came on a second bonus disc. It's a standard part of the package, so make sure they give you both disc.

It also had achievements, but they were all worth 0 points. LOL

Stupidest thing ever!

Then again this was at the dawn of the 360 and many people were doing stupid things with the achievements at that time mainly because they probably didn't understand the whole achievements concept or think anyone would give a crap.

My brother and I used to play Quake 4 Vs every week.

Hardly anyone would join in, but every now and again we'd get company.

We should get an AA oldies night going, like on a weekend for an hour or two just to play these older games (Quake 4, Prey, Kameo, PDZ ect...)

I think that would be pretty cool.

My brother and I used to play Quake 4 Vs every week.

Hardly anyone would join in, but every now and again we'd get company.

We should get an AA oldies night going, like on a weekend for an hour or two just to play these older games (Quake 4, Prey, Kameo, PDZ ect...)

I think that would be pretty cool.

We need an oldies gaming night. Sounds really cool!