IGNORED

Weird 3DO issue

I've noticed that when I first start up my FZ-1, it struggles mightily to read burned discs, to the point where it won't even boot some of the more resource-intensive titles. However, if I play for around 30 minutes, it gradually improves until it's running like a champ 99% of the time.

I've tried cleaning the lens, which helped a bit but doesn't really change the underlying behavior. My original silver copies haven't shown any issues so far, so obviously the console's having an easier time with those.

Anyone else have this issue? It's quite paradoxical, since usually disc-based console performance degrades as it heats up -- doesn't it? At least, my original release PlayStation seemed to get worse during longer sessions.

Edited by thegoldenband

@Seob, Zagroseckt: Makes sense, and the caps did cross my mind.

@dendawg: I'm using quality CD-Rs (Taiyo Yuden) burned at very slow speeds, so I don't think that's the issue. Of course the fact that they're 80-minute isn't ideal for tracking, and in a perfect world I'd have a stash of 74- or 60- minute discs, but...