IGNORED

faire info pinned thread or web site..

marc.hull

Yeah, I think you guys are reading stuff into the request that isn't there. I've now met Hal in person twice and spent many hours with him, and I don't think of him as a petty or controlling sort of personality. It's unfortunate that Owen couldn't take the voice call tonight, because I'm sure Hal just wants to ensure that it covers points of interest -- especially because the original page was written as if it were provided by the CTIUG -- it's a different thing to say you are the CTIUG page for the faire than to just put up a fan page with notes about the faire.

It's kind of odd for me to be a voice of reason but let's let this play out............

Careful fella, with that kind of attitude people might begin to worry... Is this where someone needs to instigate tom-foolery and tell you to quit pussy-footing around? :)

yea ,probably, but not tonight. I'm in too good a mood. How about we take over the world tomorrow Pinky..... ;-)

Hal's a good guy, no doubt. I pulled the page, it's all good.

It may have taken an official "aire" which wasn't really intended. I deleted it, and I'm really not all that interested in hosting the page anymore, regardless of the reasoning.

Hal's great, and he is not an authoritarian or a power-hog. He's one of the best of us, truly.

Edited by Opry99er

Want no politics? C'mon over to my house and we can play TI on the projector in the basement. 7' screen. Figure that makes each pixel about 1/4".

-H

I started on a 12" B&W TV with my TI. I thought it was great because I could literally clearly see every pixel generated. This was helpful when programming graphics, in particular, but also just neat otherwise.

I started on a 12" B&W TV with my TI. I thought it was great because I could literally clearly see every pixel generated. This was helpful when programming graphics, in particular, but also just neat otherwise.

Yep. I wrote a game and released it (Dragon Storm) where IIRC the man didn't actually walk on the ground. He floated one pixel above. Didn't know it until played it on my friend's B&W TI-connected TV.

I had a bit of a conversation with Hal last evening and he expressed his concerns as far as having a Faire connected website. It looks like anything official is just not going to happen regardless of who is doing it, as he is dead set against it. His reasoning didn't really convince me but it's his baby so....This may be disappointing but an "official" site wasn't really my goal anyway. I think there was some misunderstanding here.

For the record what I would like to see is a simple (but nice and interactive) site that has links to nearby hotels and possible ride sharing and if someone knows of a good airline deal then post that as well. There is nothing saying this couldn't be done on Owens page or Matt's page or whom ever's page, just don't call it "Official" and don't try to speak for Hal as far as what is going to occur. We definately can maintain our own list of who is in and who is out and where we want to stay etc (I am assuming we all want to stay as a group ?) Again just don't make it look like it's coming out of the CTIUG (in fact make sure no one mistakes it for official) and I don't see how any one could object

I guess a pinned thread would work but someone would have to keep it maintained and I could really see it getting out of control and messy. Plus the AA admin would have to approve it and I'm not sure if this is on topic overall.

I would like to have an overwhelming AA presence at the faire next year, If for no other reason than just to spend some face time with you guys and see your developing/finished projects on Friday night. The Saturday event is really just the drawing card for me.

I'm pretty sure that discussing the only North American TI-99/4A convention is on topic for the TI-99/4A programming forum. ;) A pinned thread would probably work okay.

My first question then would be, who's moderating this forum? Do we have anyone in the group or do we need to reach outside of it?

I'm pretty sure that discussing the only North American TI-99/4A convention is on topic for the TI-99/4A programming forum. ;) A pinned thread would probably work okay.

My first question then would be, who's moderating this forum? Do we have anyone in the group or do we need to reach outside of it?

I was the one who was in touch with Albert for adding the TI-99/4A programming group on Atariage, requesting sticky threads, maintaining the development

resources thread, etc.

That doesn't make me a moderator for the group though. I think this is a good occasion to get a few moderators.

We were able to manage without until now, but I'd for example like to see some more folks being able to maintain the sticks threads, etc.

Marc contacted me and requested about getting a sticky thread on upcoming TI-99/4A events, which I think is a splendid idea. I'll follow up on that.

If there are volunteers please step up and perhaps we can arrange something with Albert.

Thanks

retroclouds

Marc contacted me and requested about getting a sticky thread on upcoming TI-99/4A events, which I think is a splendid idea.

"upcoming TI-99/4A events" sounds good to me - covering more than just the CTIUG meeting/convention.

I wouldn't wanna see pinned threads come and go all the time. Personally I like the dynamics of threads disappearing if there are no news or activity - even though things might seem important, it can't all be pinned, and we do have a very nice search facility.

:)

Marc contacted me and requested about getting a sticky thread on upcoming TI-99/4A events, which I think is a splendid idea.

"upcoming TI-99/4A events" sounds good to me - covering more than just the CTIUG meeting/convention.

I wouldn't wanna see pinned threads come and go all the time. Personally I like the dynamics of threads disappearing if there are no news or activity - even though things might seem important, it can't all be pinned, and we do have a very nice search facility.

:)

True, not all can be pinned. However I do feel that there's a need for giving some more attention to the upcoming TI-99/4A related events.

So to keep a reasonable number of pinned threads, I split the "TI-99/4A project page" into multiple topics.

It's now the "TI-99/4A upcoming events and projects" thread :D

The Atariage forum software is enforcing some constraints on the thread layout, but by using the spoiler tag I was able to keep a pretty good overview (I hope).

Anyway, I'd like to add the details to the CTIUG faire. Can someone please send me the details (when and where).

Please notice that I added a request to the thread that if someone is planning on visiting an event. He should get in touch with the event organisation.

We certainly don't wanna post any phone numbers or email addresses on the atariage thread.

Check it out here.