IGNORED

The Halo games....where to start?

Lord Helmet

Halo

Halo 2

Read Fall of Reach

Halo 3

In that order more or less if you want a full appreciation of the original trilogy's story. I have yet to play Reach so I have no idea how much it incorporates from the book but Halo 3 had tons of references to the book that were probably nonsensical to people who didn't read it.

The events in Halo: The Fall of Reach take place before the first Halo game. The book follows the adventures of the Master Chief on the planet Reach, while the game folows the adventures of Noble Team on Reach. At the end of the Reach video game, there is even an easter egg in one of the final cut scenes to where you can scan the camera over and see the Master Chief in his sleep pod aboard The Pillar of Autumn. :thumbsup:

If you want to play the FPS Halo games in order:

Halo: Reach

Halo: Combat Evolved

Halo 2

Halo 3: ODST

Halo 3

If you really want to get all Halo'ed out and incorporate all the games and the books:

Halo: Contact Harvest (BK)

Halo: The Cole Protocol (BK)

Halo Wars (VG)

Halo: The Fall of Reach (BK)

Halo: Reach (VG)

Halo: Combat Evolved (VG)

Halo: The Flood (BK)

Halo: First Strike (BK)

Halo 2 (VG)

Halo: Ghosts of Onyx (BK)

Halo 3: ODST (VG)

Halo 3 (VG)

Excellent post Major Havok!! I was considering reading some of the Halo books but had no idea as to what order they might fall into, and now you've cleared that up :thumbsup:

I might also suggest checking out the Halo Legends DVD as the first two stories on it are background stories that explain how the entire war started. I posted in another thread here how surprised I was at how good Halo Legends was. I really enjoyed it.

Mendon