IGNORED

2011 Midwest Gaming Classic March 26th-27th

Retro Rogue

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

has a date been set for next years show?

Yes -- last FULL weekend in March. In fact, that is the same dates until like 2016.

If I ever get more than 10 minutes of free time, the announcement will be up, as well as the start of the announcements for the 2012 show! It's looking like it's going to be a great one already -- display-wise, we've already lined up even more people who will be filling up even more space than last year!

• Like 2

Yes -- last FULL weekend in March. In fact, that is the same dates until like 2016.

If I ever get more than 10 minutes of free time, the announcement will be up, as well as the start of the announcements for the 2012 show! It's looking like it's going to be a great one already -- display-wise, we've already lined up even more people who will be filling up even more space than last year!

Looking forward to it.

AX

will there be another arcade road trip on friday?

The plan right now is that there will not be -- the road trip that we put together last year was something special for our tenth anniversary and truthfully took a TON of time and effort to put together. If there seems to be a ton of demand for it, we'll look into it again, but as of this moment, there are no plans to even explore it this year.

The plan right now is that there will not be -- the road trip that we put together last year was something special for our tenth anniversary and truthfully took a TON of time and effort to put together. If there seems to be a ton of demand for it, we'll look into it again, but as of this moment, there are no plans to even explore it this year.

thats cool, i can now plan accordingly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

when will discount hotel rates be offered (assuming there will be discounts)?

Oh yeesh - this is how busy I've been lately.

If you call them and ask today, they would give it to you. If I have time to set up the link, within the next couple days. I know that I won't have time tonight, but I might have time tomorrow...

I've had the link in my email for a while now.

Oh, and we should start having announcements roll pretty quickly after that. I've approved the 2012 shirt design logo for the pre-orders and we're using a different company this year so that won't be all screwed up, hopefully, and we've got a TON of awesome things planned or refined already for this next show. I'm really excited to start putting it all together, I just need my life to calm down just a bit so that I can actually start making the announcements!

Edited by goatdan

Awesome! I wonder if Gladiator could be a tournament game this year? :P :-D

You laugh, but I do own four joysticks (which is actually something to brag about when it comes to the VB). I'm willing if someone wants to do it. :)

You would be the only person that got to practice before hand, so I guess coming in second would be a victory. Not sure if you want people breaking your rare joysticks in the heat of passion. :lol:

AX

Awesome! I wonder if Gladiator could be a tournament game this year? :P :-D

You laugh, but I do own four joysticks (which is actually something to brag about when it comes to the VB). I'm willing if someone wants to do it. :)

I'm not laughing that hard, though. I actually did enjoy the VideoBrain quite a bit. That thing's a trip. :)

Maybe I'll just bring the Arcadia 2001 instead. We'll see what Marty wants to display.

You can't be a tease Matt. You have to be a Videobrain slut again. ;) Rich (Goodwill Hunter) is bringing his APF Imagination setup this year and I told him it'd go great by your Videobrain. If you want to bring an Arcadia and Spectra Video setup as well, that's perfectly fine. ;) He's also bringing his giant tabletop 2600 pop kiosk for the Atari area, so I have to figure out how to dress that area up more.

Honestly you don't have to go by whatever I'm going to bring. With so many people being involved in the room again this year, I'm focusing on systems and computers that fill in the gaps and upping the presentation value of the room again (more lights, signs, displays, etc.)

Maybe I'll just bring the Arcadia 2001 instead. We'll see what Marty wants to display.

You can't be a tease Matt. You have to be a Videobrain slut again. ;) Rich (Goodwill Hunter) is bringing his APF Imagination setup this year and I told him it'd go great by your Videobrain. If you want to bring an Arcadia and Spectra Video setup as well, that's perfectly fine. ;) He's also bringing his giant tabletop 2600 pop kiosk for the Atari area, so I have to figure out how to dress that area up more.

Honestly you don't have to go by whatever I'm going to bring. With so many people being involved in the room again this year, I'm focusing on systems and computers that fill in the gaps and upping the presentation value of the room again (more lights, signs, displays, etc.)

I think it is going to be allot of fun to have Rich on the museum side and hang out a little bit this time (instead of just doing business). He said he was done being a vendor last time, and I've been looking forward to seeing some of his cool collection items. If his past sales are any indication, he has some great collectibles for himself. I'm glad to bring the iMagic Kiosk, maybe some original iMagic posters, boxed iMagic storage center, and perhaps boxed games for a nice display if you maybe have an extra bubble to keep the games safe, and the space. Another possibly is the Activision 2600 if I get it repaired in time.

AX

You can't be a tease Matt. You have to be a Videobrain slut again.

Ok, I'll bring the Videobrain.... and only have Financier running!

Hey kids, have you ever wanted to enter and run complex financial equations on an underpowered computer with a non-standard keyboard? Of course you have! Let's calculate the NPV of your savings bonds! It's fun for the whole family!

You can't be a tease Matt. You have to be a Videobrain slut again.

Ok, I'll bring the Videobrain.... and only have Financier running!

Hey kids, have you ever wanted to enter and run complex financial equations on an underpowered computer with a non-standard keyboard? Of course you have! Let's calculate the NPV of your savings bonds! It's fun for the whole family!

Will there be a competition? I went to Math Meet in 5th and 6th grade. ;)

AX