IGNORED

Wish I knew this (out of TI-dev + TI99Dir)

unhuman

TI99Dir's View feature shows line numbers... While developing my BloxoTIz game, I frequently had to renumber my lines manually to cram in more features that I did not anticipate. This amount of time was not insignificant (to re-route GOTOs and other line jumps).

Anyhow, I discovered that I could RES the program and save it... Then I could use TI99DIR to View the file and get the renumbered program in text format.

Of course, for new dev, TIdBiT (dunno about those camel casings) makes all this unnecessary anyways.

Now you know too.

-Howie

I described this method in the RESEQ2 thread, but there's an even better way... faster... using LIST "CLIP" in Classic99. =)

-RES in Classic99

-LIST "CLIP"

-Paste directly into your text editor

One doesn't even need to save or even use TI99Dir in this way. =)

Edited by Opry99er

I described this method in the RESEQ2 thread, but there's an even better way... faster... using LIST "CLIP" in Classic99. =)

-RES in Classic99

-LIST "CLIP"

-Paste directly into your text editor

One doesn't even need to save or even use TI99Dir in this way. =)

I guess I can't read everything. But thanks for the betterness!

No prob.... You should have seen the mess Lemonade Stand was in when I was developing it!!!! I had moved code so many times and tried to develop on real gear AND emulation.... When I finally got TI99Dir going, it was like an epiphany!!! Then when Tursi added the CLIP feature to Classic99, it changed everything for me. My XB coding is now a constant

"paste to Classic99, test, res, list clip, paste to text, edit, repeat"

Lovely having all these amazing tools at our disposal. :)

Always happy to answer questions. :) I should do a video sometime with the tricks I use, but I'm pretty far behind on things I've promised to do already. :/

About a year ago (maybe two?) I got chewed out ( ;) ) on the Yahoo group because I mentioned Classic99 had some features, and when people said they didn't know, I teased them for not reading the documentation. It turns out that my documentation was not formal enough, all scribbled down in text files. So now that I've taken the time to write it all up in a PDF with examples and pictures -- has anyone actually read the docs yet? ;)

To be honest, and the answer is nothing to be proud about, but I have probably only read like 10% of the docs and I cringe to think how many cool little tricks like LIST "CLIP" I might not have discovered.

It's one of those things, you discover the program and start to play around and get stuff working and then never have a good reason to go back and read the docs - unless you actually find yourself with a major problem somewhere down the track.

I suspect my honesty is gunna get me a kick in the butt with a giant shoe! :D

Hey Tursi,

I haven't DLed the most recent version yet, but the version I have has the PDF manual with it. I enjoyed the intro section, the history of our computer always makes me happy to read. I also made notes of all your upgrades from previous releases. I am a big fan of the newer features like CLIP and the like--- and it was nice to see the TI keyboard layout in the early part of the manual... Before this PDF manual, I really didn't understand fully the power of your debugger. Section 7 really went into some deep detail. Quite awesome, my friend.

Section 8 gave a good description of FIAD format... I understood that before, but it was nice to reinforce my knowledge with this section.

Section 9 I actually took a snapshot of and have it on my desktop to pull up... Sometimes I forget the FCTN+x key combinations, and this prevents me from having to open up my users manual (since my laptop does not have an overlay, obviously)...

Anyway, the docs are much nicer now than they were a year ago. Great job!

Always happy to answer questions. :) I should do a video sometime with the tricks I use, but I'm pretty far behind on things I've promised to do already. :/

About a year ago (maybe two?) I got chewed out ( ;) ) on the Yahoo group because I mentioned Classic99 had some features, and when people said they didn't know, I teased them for not reading the documentation. It turns out that my documentation was not formal enough, all scribbled down in text files. So now that I've taken the time to write it all up in a PDF with examples and pictures -- has anyone actually read the docs yet? ;)

Tursi, would you mind that a reference to your classic99 PDF documentation is added to the Development Resources sticky thread.

It would then be best you host the PDF as a separate file on your website. That way, you can assure it's the most recent version that is active.

I like an online version cause I can access it from anywhere. Would also be nice for new folks getting over to Atariage.

Hehe, thanks guys.

Retroclouds, I'd rather that the PDF document stay with the version of Classic99 that it refers to, since Classic99 is still an evolving product and what is true in one version may not be true in the next. Everyone who downloads Classic99 has a copy of the correct PDF already, so I don't think we need a separate web link.

When we do the tips and tricks, whether a thread or I do a video or whatever, that might be worth putting up there! :)

Edited by Tursi