IGNORED

Atari 800 - Color is green

Frankie

I don't know if it's something that can be fixed, but I have an Atari 800 and when you start it up, instead of the regular blue background, it's green. Is that something fixable? I have been inside my 800XL, but never in the 800. Anyone have an opinion? Suggestion?

Frank

p.s. I get the same green color when using the composite out and the monitor out.

Edited by Frankie

I don't know if it's something that can be fixed, but I have an Atari 800 and when you start it up, instead of the regular blue background, it's green. Is that something fixable? I have been inside my 800XL, but never in the 800. Anyone have an opinion? Suggestion?

Frank

p.s. I get the same green color when using the composite out and the monitor out.

So was my first 800, PAL machine. There's a pot meter inside (not 100% sure if there's a opening under the machine to access it, but it's adjustable)

Frank

So was my first 800, PAL machine. There's a pot meter inside (not 100% sure if there's a opening under the machine to access it, but it's adjustable)

Can you give me an idea where? That thing is like a tank. I don't know how far I need to dissasemble it. I got about 1/2 way there and didn't see anything.

Frank

Frank

Can you give me an idea where? That thing is like a tank. I don't know how far I need to dissasemble it. I got about 1/2 way there and didn't see anything.

Frank

The color adjustment pot is on the CPU card. If you remove the cover over the OS/RAM cards there is a hole in the back of the RF shield through which you should be able to adjust it.

post-26063-129885183132_thumb.jpg