IGNORED

Prince of Persia Epilogue

JamesD

Ok, I feel dumb. I actually found that before making the post, not sure what I was thinking there.

Must be middle age creeping up on me.

FWIW, it shows up there but not from the console and it costs as much as I paid for the game new.

Too much for a couple hours gameplay IMHO. Should be $5 by now... I mean 400 points.

Edited by JamesD

That's the one thing I absolutely hate about dlc and downloadable games. The damn prices never drop like it does for physical media!

No now, this isn't quite true.

There have been dozens of DLC games on Live that have drop in price permanently (Marble Blast Ultra,Brain Challenge, Age of Booty etc...) and every week there is Deal of the Week that often contains deals on multiple games add on DLC (Red Dead Redemption, Fallout, Oblivion etc...) or deals on arcade games.

This week it's Pac-Man Championship Edition DX for 50% off! (400 points)

I recently snagged Serious Sam a 1200 ($15) DLC game for 400 points ($5)

So "never" might not be the right word in this case. ;)

That's the one thing I absolutely hate about dlc and downloadable games. The damn prices never drop like it does for physical media!

DLC does go on sale with deep discounts from time to time, but the big issue is there’s no way to know exactly when.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light was a good game that simply refused to buy until it went on sale for half price, but it was sheer luck that I noticed a thread mentioning that it was going on sale that day.

Not to beat a dead horse, but here’s what I personally hate about DLC; In games that have ended, DLC seems really tacked on. For example, in Dragon Age Origins, my character dies and is given a statue and an nice funeral. But he’s back as if nothing happened in the first DLC pack!

And it’s even worse when the game ends in a “too be continued...” For example, Alan Wake ends on a cliffhanger, so they arrange their DLC episodes so that no matter what happens in them, you must end up exactly the same way you left off when the main story ended. Prince of Persia commits this crime too, but it’s worse with that game because we know that the story isn’t ever being continued.

DLC does go on sale with deep discounts from time to time, but the big issue is there’s no way to know exactly when.

Just check out some of the popular gamer sites for heads up on deals.

Like this one for instance:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/17/upcoming-xbox-live-sales-to-feature-half-price-pac-man-dx-disco/

Note that this was posted a few weeks before the actual deals.