IGNORED

Players Choice

TwinChargers

It's a shame that they didn't include the DLC with Pikmin 3. My next disappointment will be hoping for Wii Sports Club or Fatal Frame in the next batch of Nintendo Selects.... not likely to see either of them. I don't think Nintendo wants my money.

And, between the limited availability of Fire Emblem Fates SE, all the rare amiibos, limited first print of Devil's Third, etc scalpers are making more money on recent Nintendo products than they are. Other sites have mentioned that stores are receiving very limited quantities of these Nintendo Selects... amazon has already sold out of some and the Selects version prices are now rising from marketplace sellers.

Even if retailers have become hesitant to stock large quantities of Nintendo products they should at least be offering everything on the Nintendo webstore to meet initial demand. Keep prices from escalating beyond MSRP and keep the sales to themselves. NoA seems clueless.

• Like 1

Hopefully they match the prices on the eShop. Already been confirmed for these European Selects, so hopefully NOA follows suit and you'll at least be able to download what you want for $20 instead of $50-$60.

Edited by Atariboy

I noticed just now that Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is marked down to $20 at the local Wal-Mart.

If anyone prefers the regular edition and wanted this one, now is the time to track it down since it's still widely available new and should be easily located now for $19.99.

Already appearing locally. Noticed Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario All-Stars, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 with the Selects banner.

Edit: I guess that's no surprise given that they released on the 11th; I was thinking it was down for the 21st.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 months later...

On the off chance that it's of interest to any Europeans here, the Selects lineup will grow a bit next month.

Five more 3DS games are joining the Nintendo Selects range next month, including The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. The others are Lego City Undercover, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and Style Savvy.

Hopefully that means that Americans don't have long to wait for a new wave of rereleases.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 months later...

The new round of Nintendo Selects releases were announced today for North America. The following join the lineup for $20 on August 26th.

3DS:

-Animal Crossing: New Leaf

-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

-Tomodachi Life

-Nintendogs + Cats - Golden Retriever and New Friends

-Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins

Wii U:

-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

-Nintendo Land

-Lego City Undercover

Somewhat lackluster, but that's partly since I already own 2/3's of the Wii U selections. But I'll still be picking up Lego City for the Wii U and Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS. And I'm sad to see no Wii selections made the cut this round or eShop releases like Fast Racing Neo.

Hope rereleases continue long enough for Twilight Princess HD, Captain Toad, Super Mario Maker, Wii Sports Club, and Yoshi's Wooly World to make the cut (Not to mention 3DS releases like Majora's Mask 3D). But I wouldn't be surprised to see this bring everything to a conclusion with the NX their sole focus next year.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

I'm really excited by the new crop of Nintendo Selects! I only got DK: Tropical Freeze from the last batch as I already had everything else that I wanted from it. This time around though, I'm grabbing Yoshi's Wolly World (with Amiibo!) and I'm fairly certain I'll go back for Lego City Undercover before the Amazon Prime discount ends.

Keep it up Nintendo!

I noticed that the standalone copies of Yoshi, Captain Toad, and Mario Party were $30 at my local Wal-Mart. I believe that all of these were $40 recently there, so they must be discounting them to clear them out in preparation for the upcoming Amiibo editions of all three.

Edited by Atariboy

I noticed that the standalone copies of Yoshi, Captain Toad, and Mario Party were $30 at my local Wal-Mart. I believe that all of these were $40 recently there, so they must be discounting them to clear them out in preparation for the upcoming Amiibo editions of all three.

Yea, I kind of noticed that even on Amazon with the Yoshi/Amiibo bundle from their first run. They'd escalated to extremely high prices, then recently I noticed them back down to around the $60 mark or even a bit cheaper. I'm thinking now it was in anticipation of the new round of Nintendo Selects and the new run of game/Amiibo bundles (I'm not sure if the games in those bundles are officially branded as Nintendo selects or not).

I'm a big fan of the new bundles. With my Prime discount I'm getting Yoshi's Wolly World with Amiibo for $32! I'm not a huge Amiibo collector, but I think it's fun and a nice add-on for certain games. The fact that the form factor for the Yohsi one is different kind of seals the deal for me.

Yea, I kind of noticed that even on Amazon with the Yoshi/Amiibo bundle from their first run. They'd escalated to extremely high prices, then recently I noticed them back down to around the $60 mark or even a bit cheaper. I'm thinking now it was in anticipation of the new round of Nintendo Selects and the new run of game/Amiibo bundles (I'm not sure if the games in those bundles are officially branded as Nintendo selects or not).

I'm a big fan of the new bundles. With my Prime discount I'm getting Yoshi's Wolly World with Amiibo for $32! I'm not a huge Amiibo collector, but I think it's fun and a nice add-on for certain games. The fact that the form factor for the Yohsi one is different kind of seals the deal for me.

On the side of the box, the game case pictured is a regular blue one. Thought the selects were a different color.

So by waiting... you get a blue Yoshi Amiibo instead of a green one. That is a price worth considering it

Here's Europe's next round of Wii U rereleases. They'll be available on September 30th along with the first wave of eShop Selects titles.

Cp90NcZW8AEVQBn.jpg

Other than the absence of the NES Remix collection, Europe will have everything we have after these release, along with another half dozen rereleases that we've yet to get.

Would've much preferred to have seen Captain Toad get the $20 Selects treatment here.

Edited by Atariboy

• 5 months later...

Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team are the next two Nintendo Selects rereleases for North America.

http://nintendowire.com/blog/2017/01/24/nintendo-selects-line-adds-kirby-triple-deluxe-mario-luigi-dream-team/

No Majora's Mask 3D just yet. And while I'm doubtful, I hope we get at least one more round of Wii U releases. Would love to see Captain Toad, Super Mario Maker, Wii Sports Club, and Yoshi's Woolly World appear.

Not much hope though for Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World, I suppose, given their recent 3DS conversions. At $20, it would undercut their 3DS price by 50%. But Wii Sports Club is prohibitively expensive even on the used marketplace. Might just have to settle for paying $10 for the golf update digitally, and forget the rest.

Edited by Atariboy

• 6 months later...

This has popped up.

img_20170820_17291186mvs55.jpg

Bet this one goes for a decent sum in a few years since it can't of had a huge print run at this late date.

I'm sort of tempted even though the demo didn't thrill me, since I'm running out of new games to play on the Wii U. This and the original were received with such critical acclaim that it may be worth dismissing first impressions and giving it a serious try, although I almost think I'm just tired of kart racers in general at this point.

I don't hold out hope for a true 3rd wave of Wii U Nintendo Selects from Nintendo of America, but I hope they're not done with the 3DS.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

This is also the one with the Outrun themed course, isn't it?

I hope this release has it if I find it locally or order it online. I vaguely recall something about it being bonus content of some sort, so I hope it's still on the disc and unlocked.

Edited by Atariboy

It might have one, I don't remember. It absolutely has After Burner, I do know that.

No outrun themed course that i'm aware of, though yes the Afterburner track is killer!

This is honestly one of the best games on the Wii U and to me even better than Mario Kart 8 (as far as fun factor and energy/music go.) One of my top three kart racers of all time.

Went looking and found YouTube footage of it. Hope this is in there (It's in the bonus tracks section, which is why it probably slipped by some). I believe this was even featured on the Wii U demo for the game.

I refreshed my memory on why I had any concern about it in the first place. Nobody can settle on the same answer for the Wii U when I first considered picking this up when it a few months old. Sometimes it's listed as exclusive to a limited edition preorder while elsewhere people say that it's on every copy that Sega pressed for the Wii U, with only the limited edition discs allegedly ever produced (And I of course would've wanted it on disc).

On another system like the Xbox 360, it seems like it really was exclusive and thus is available as DLC on the marketplace for those with standard copies that wish to pay a modest fee to unlock it. But if this potentially performed poorly enough on the Wii U at launch where Sega only solid copies with it unlocked by default, I'd now be slightly concerned that their original plans were inadvertently followed through with this later pressing.

If they pulled the non-limited edition disc image out to press on these, I highly doubt that Outrun Bay will be on the Wii U Shop if the "regular" edition is just now making it to market, since there was never a reason for it to be up as DLC in the past if only L.E. copies were floating around.

I'll take my chance though if I find it. :)

Edited by Atariboy