IGNORED

NEWB questions: carts, BASIC flavors, graphics

ceratophyllum

ok thanks for the fast reply's. It's like Christmas over here have 5 boxes of TI stuff unpacking. I will start my thred soon. I did have XB and a super XB cart and a editor assem 2. lots off old cataloges, Just tried calling Joy Electronics and got a couples talking service. o just found a post in google looks like they were selling out in 2000. Do you know if Quality 99 Software is still around or Triton product company. I Use to go and order there alot. What store or open to us today for TI stuff besides E-bay wich I watch alot. Just found my old ST Louis 99ers news letters. I think i'm going to cry, so many good people I use to know in that club. I don't see them on line with a web page or anything but found a old post about them in 1996. I popped the XB open the cards read slot 8 Disk Controller, slot 7 RS-232 Interface, slot 6-4 open, slot 3 P-Code Ver 4.0, slot 2 32k x 8 Memory Expansion, and slot 1 Flex Cable Interface. Just took out a TRITON TURBO XT, I remember this, never even got to use it I think it was just a Hardware Keyboard port over so you could use the TI's keyboard on a O86 or 088 IBM and clone's.

Edited by APB 99/4A

You've got a nice setup there... :). As far as online stores, there's really only 2 places nowadays... Tex*In Treasures is one, the other is CHC--- Matthew's store. Both are very nice, and I suggest taking a look at both.

Also, read up on the CF7+. It makes "file transferring" very easy and fast.

Hey, when you get everything plugged in and turned on, let us know how your system is running... We can provide you with a series of simple tests you can run via XB or BASIC to make sure all your cards are running properly. :) Also, Let us know what you need from the stores... Many of us have spare parts and carts we need to find homes for... Might save you some $$$. :)

OK carts read TI-Writer Processor, Statistics, Microsoft Multiplan, Disk Manager 2, Terminal Emulator II, Mini Memory, Editor/Assembler, TI Extended Basic, Super Extended Basic, Desk Top Publisher, Music Maker, Alpine, The Attack, Mash, Indoor Soccer, Addition and Subtraction 2, Ant Eater, Much Man, Video Chess, Hunt The Wumpus, Parsec, A-Maze-ing, Car Wars, Star Trek, TI Invaders, Adventure, and Atari soft’s Moon Patrol, Defender, Dig Dug. I am going to post my list not to brag but rather to offer my help. For example that Moon Patrol Question the other day about if something ways a sprite. If you’d had known me to have the hardware then I can test it. I have this then you can exploit me. I have many Tec manuals, about 100 5 1/4 floppies a external floppy from outside the expiation box so 2 drives, I think the outer was a DD and the one in the box was SD. Did the P-Code card have a battery? I thought user RXB had two cards with a issue and they had batteries in them. But I could of read it wrong. You know it took me a eight hour day to read and go through your game thred opry99er. Did your web page and yes I to liked the Singing TI of the B-52’s. My Uncle I was talking about before, he us to work in defensive mapping the US mapping service and his jobs was hardware and coding. I am trying to get him to come back, I think he would get a kick out of this site so I’ve been forwarding the little think you put on here. Like your game in 1990-1991 I was making a Dungeons and Dragons stile game and found the grid pad paper full of drawings and coding. I don’t think I got past the paper work and start typing it in. Mostly text base question and multi answer format laced with sprites in action to illustrate your choices. Also what is the source info for the Geneve II from great Brittan? Always wanted a Geneve 9640 but never had all that cash. Old Texaments catalogs (address 53 Center Street Patchogue, NY 11772) over here said to call for price of system and list 20 MB $679.95, 40 MB $829.95, and 70 MB $1,195.00 + you still had the cost of drive power supply $69.95 floppy and $129.95 for HD. After the TI I decided to get a PC clone and it was a 486 with 16 MB Ram 256 Video Ram. There are 3 Systems here. 1 silver/ black the other 2 are beige. One beige is mostly unscrewed. Remember I said I watch e-bay someone is showing a proto board for $600 something like that. Not sure what info I can say on this forum yet. Can we talk about auctions, or pass phone numbers around? I am looking for more TI 99/4A groups and trying to calling users from the old ST. Louis 99ers Club. Looking in the state of Indiana mostly. Looks like four user groups in my new state but closest one hour one way. Did yahoo’s group after reading the post on the video chip mod. Found one tape drive. OK do you just hit the “Start a new topic” button at the bottom to start new thred and it seems my Photo icon is not coming up by my post. Will take photos of everything and post on new thred maybe tomorrow.

Not sure what info I can say on this forum yet. Can we talk about auctions, or pass phone numbers around? I am looking for more TI 99/4A groups and trying to calling users from the old ST. Louis 99ers Club. Looking in the state of Indiana mostly. Looks like four user groups in my new state but closest one hour one way. Did yahoo’s group after reading the post on the video chip mod. Found one tape drive. OK do you just hit the “Start a new topic” button at the bottom to start new thred and it seems my Photo icon is not coming up by my post. Will take photos of everything and post on new thred maybe tomorrow.

Quite sure it's ok to talk about auctions. I would advise not to post any private phone numbers or email addresses in the forum.

Remember, everything you post on the internet is there forever. But you can ofcourse be easily contacted via the Atariage messenger function and then exchanging telephone numbers is not a problem. :)

Doh! I typed this w/o having had enough coffee. Line 75 was left out.

5 REM RUNS IN 5-6 MINUTES
10 COLOUR 14,7: REM HOW TO CHOOSE NEAT COLOR SCHEME?
60 FOR C=-2 TO 0.25 STEP 0.00625
70 X=0
75 FOR I=0 TO 100
80 X=X*X+C: IF I<50 THEN GOTO 95
90 PLOT 160*C+320, 90-45*X 
95 NEXT I
97 NEXT C

I began translating the program to integers for Assembly, but how does line 95 execute without a "FOR I=..." ?

Like your game in 1990-1991 I was making a Dungeons and Dragons stile game and found the grid pad paper full of drawings and coding. I don’t think I got past the paper work and start typing it in. Mostly text base question and multi answer format laced with sprites in action to illustrate your choices.

I'd like to see a pic of that!! =) Sounds awesome... maybe something you'd like to resurrect as your first project? =)

Anyway, that Ant Eater cart is pretty cool... is it strangely shaped with intricate artwork on the label? If so, that's the ROMOX official Anteater Cartridge... they also made that game available on the ECPC programmable carts, which was a very interesting concept. =) Here's a link to check out if you want to learn more about it.

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/hardware/romox/romox.html

=)

Doh! I typed this w/o having had enough coffee. Line 75 was left out.

5 REM RUNS IN 5-6 MINUTES
10 COLOUR 14,7: REM HOW TO CHOOSE NEAT COLOR SCHEME?
60 FOR C=-2 TO 0.25 STEP 0.00625
70 X=0
75 FOR I=0 TO 100
80 X=X*X+C: IF I<50 THEN GOTO 95
90 PLOT 160*C+320, 90-45*X 
95 NEXT I
97 NEXT C

I began translating the program to integers for Assembly, but how does line 95 execute without a "FOR I=..." ?

I'm pretty sure the slowdown is actually the plot function; even Rule 90 takes a few minutes and all it does is XOR ones and zeros.

Nevertheless, I would be fascinated to see how one does it in assembly. Hmmm. Why does XORing neighboring bits make pretty

triangles?

1 REM RULE 90 and 2 cups of coffee.
100 DIM LR[250]: DIM NR[250]              !Could read/write/copying these big guys slow things down?
200 FOR I=1 TO 250: LR[i]=0: NEXT I 
300 PLOT 125,1: LR[125]=1                  !Start with just one 1 in middle. 
400 FOR J=2 TO 124
500     FOR I=(125-J) TO (125+J)          !Skip lots of zeros
600         NR[i]=LR[i-1] LXOR LR[i+1]    !LXOR is logical XOR; cant get much cheaper.
700         IF NR[i] THEN PLOT I, J            !PLOT ones
800     NEXT I
850     FOR K=2 TO 249: LR[K]=NR[K]: NEXT K !Copy newly computed row to old row.
900 NEXT J

btw, while Cortex's speed blows my mind--even LISTing is fast--there are definitely some limitations. Moving sprites around is a royal pain and defining characters is confusingly similar to TI BASIC with one bizarre difference: they're one column off center! I'm checking the user group newsletters at whtech to see what people did (other than lots of FOR-NEXT) to move sprites in Cortex.

Ceratophyllum I'm sorry I can't help with your topic just yet ( maybe later ). I did not mean to jump in here, read NEW B in the tittle and that is exactly how I feel here. I did start a new topic about bring old TI's back up to power. Good luck Ceratophyllum, looks like your in good hands. I like to thank all your help so far 99ers. I am on a iPhone responding today because my Wi fi can't seem to reach from a neighbors house today. Still in a new place and have not had highspeed installed yet. No land line phones yet but all coming down the road. Pictures will be loaded when Wi fi comes back. Two TI systems work, but when E/A cart is in with Ex Box at boot up after option 2 or 3 an erro of no expanded memory. I took out speech box and redid boot and all comes up fine. Even with the SXB cart in green light on slot 8 comes up with disk 1 rotation cycles, but all stops as soon as speech Synthesizer is placed back in line. I took alot of time Q-tipping and alco cleaning all ends on everything including expasion cards and system. Looks like I'll test Speech Synthesizer next to see if it works. My Mini Mem card seams to be working along with all others. Did not have that special Ant Eater cart, all my cart's look normal, but ya that would be cool to just have a special cart like that! I wish I had the Web have many pics. but still very happy because most of the system is coming up. Please goto my new posting if you wish to follow.