IGNORED

Forum Upgrade (mostly) Complete!

Albert

hi the trouble w taptalk is the atari 8bit forum cant see in main forum the posts , i see empty only 2 sub folder of 8 bits forum thx!

Clear your browser cache and make sure you download the latest version of the Tapatalk app. Which one are you using? It works fine on my iPhone. There was an issue where forums with subforums would not show the main forum's posts. I reported this issue and Tapatalk quickly issued a fix:

taptalk_fixed.png

..Al

Does anyone else find it a little un-nerving that the Google Earth picture in our profiles show exactly where we live? Is this necessary? Is there a way to adjust the settings?

I assume that it just picks up on proper place names that you supplied in your profile, try changing that and see what happens. In my case, the town where my mail comes to is displayed, when in fact I live eleven miles out of town.

Does anyone else find it a little un-nerving that the Google Earth picture in our profiles show exactly where we live? Is this necessary? Is there a way to adjust the settings?

The forum does not know where you live. It uses the location you supplied by clicking the Map link at the top of the page. I believe the map only displays if you've actually placed your location on the map. It certainly isn't digging through your profile or other information to try and discern your location.

..Al

Is anyone else having speed issues still? The new forum is crawling at a snail's pace for me. I know that Albert posted that older Internet Explorer vesrions need upgrading. I'm using Firefox 3.6.23. Is a newer version recommended? Is there anything else I might be missing, as far as speeding up the forum software?

PS-I love the look of the new retro skin. And the Deflection theme is quite nice as well. Thanks Al for giving us options.

It works as quickly as ever for me. Other than the occaionally known hiccup, I've always found AA to be one of the quickest sites that I frequent.

I love the Deflection theme. Contrary to some famous opinions around here LOL, I've always found white text on black/grey backgrounds to be much easier on my light-sensitive eyes.

• Like 1

It is also very fast for me--I haven't had many slowdowns in the last week now. I think most of the slowdowns have been for people on slower computers and/or with old browsers that have very slow Javascript engines.

..Al

It's rockin' for me right now. Very fast on Win7 IE8, XP w/ latest Firefox, even Win2k on Fat32 w/ latest Opera. Firefox on the Win2k machine is hosed all around, but the site doesn't function worse than anything else.

Hey Al, sorry if this has been asked. In the old forum title list, there used to be a paperclip that would show all that thread's attachements. Is that coming back??

I didn't even realize they had removed this. I rarely used the feature, but sucks that they removed things like this. I'll have to see if anyone has complained about this on Invision's forum, and if there's a possible solution (will probably require a third-party mod to bring this back).

..Al

For me, the sort order is broken on the "View New Content" screen. When setting it to last update, the 1st page sorts fine, but then each subsequent page puts a new post or two at the top. I had to click through 14 or the 20 pages to see all of the recent posts.

For me, the sort order is broken on the "View New Content" screen. When setting it to last update, the 1st page sorts fine, but then each subsequent page puts a new post or two at the top. I had to click through 14 or the 20 pages to see all of the recent posts.

I believe this is one of the issues fixed in the upcoming 3.2.3 release.

..Al

I believe this is one of the issues fixed in the upcoming 3.2.3 release.

..Al

Thanks - just noticed it this evening and figured I'd post.

Hey Al, sorry if this has been asked. In the old forum title list, there used to be a paperclip that would show all that thread's attachements. Is that coming back??

I didn't even realize they had removed this. I rarely used the feature, but sucks that they removed things like this. I'll have to see if anyone has complained about this on Invision's forum, and if there's a possible solution (will probably require a third-party mod to bring this back).

..Al

Yeah!!!!!! They're back now. LOL.

Thank you!!

How do you view people's status posts now? I see you can click on the "last updated" under the current status post when viewing a profile (or look on the first forum page), but how do you see older ones, or ones that you commented on once upon a time?

While viewing a member's profile, click on "Profile Feed" on the left side of the page. You can then scroll down to the bottom and click "View All Updates" if you want to see all of a user's status updates.

..Al

• Like 1

How do you view people's status posts now? I see you can click on the "last updated" under the current status post when viewing a profile (or look on the first forum page), but how do you see older ones, or ones that you commented on once upon a time?

While viewing a member's profile, click on "Profile Feed" on the left side of the page. You can then scroll down to the bottom and click "View All Updates" if you want to see all of a user's status updates.

..Al

Thanks!