IGNORED

Forum Upgrade (mostly) Complete!

Albert

Just wondering... what happened to Spy? That was a really good addition.

You can click on the "Spy" tab at the top of the page for a dedicated (and more useful) version of Spy. It'll show you all the activity on the forum as it happens. Useful to keep open in another tab, as it'll show you a count of the new items since you last looked. I'll get the "Mini-Spy" working on the main page again once I can get rid of the annoying "Loading...." that kept flashing every five seconds.

..Al

I want to know if you can use AdBlock on it. That's one fix, but there might be something in the source code.

Say, is there a chance that can we get the "list" view of the blogs back as the default one?

Yes. :)

Excellent! :thumbsup:

Hm... One thing I noticed with the "My Content" list is that that the results are unsorted. I get 5 pages of hits and there's ~2 threads that got updated today on each page.

Hm... One thing I noticed with the "My Content" list is that that the results are unsorted. I get 5 pages of hits and see ~2 threads that got updated today on each page.

Yes, this is a known issue and I've already added to an existing bug report on Invision's site as well as bitched about it in a new thread I started (among other search-related issues). I'm supremely unhappy about this.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/334334-view-new-content-and-searches-seriously-again/

..Al

From my iPad its going to the full version of the forum by default.

I'll have to check this when I get home tonight. I did look yesterday on my iPad (1) and it came up with the proper Mobile skin. I assume you are using the stock Safari browser?

Thanks,

..Al

Yeah. I'll try it again tonight after I clear my cache/cookies.

Hm... One thing I noticed with the "My Content" list is that that the results are unsorted. I get 5 pages of hits and see ~2 threads that got updated today on each page.

Yes, this is a known issue and I've already added to an existing bug report on Invision's site as well as bitched about it in a new thread I started (among other search-related issues). I'm supremely unhappy about this.

I could be wrong, but I think the results are sorted in order of that person's most recent post to the thread. Thus, if I haven't contributed to a thread in weeks but it's been active, it ends up on a back page.

I could be wrong, but I think the results are sorted in order of that person's most recent post to the thread. Thus, if I haven't contributed to a thread in weeks but it's been active, it ends up on a back page.

No. This very thread for example shows up on the last page.

Like in the blogs, you can't see a ->Link

Looks really good, especially on the iPhone where I always post from. I do have one question: on the iPhone, the "my posts" option seems to be missing, replaced by a link to this thread. Will this option return?

The "My Posts" option is there in the mobile skin--click on your username and then "My Content". :)

..Al

I realize the "My posts" function is now on that drop down menu on the username.. but would it be possible to put that link right where it used to be (right next to the "view new content" area)? That way it's available right off the bat..

That never-visited-by-regulars "guidelines" link doesn't deserve that spot of functional honor :P

Edited by NE146

I realize the "My posts" function is now on that drop down menu on the username.. but would it be possible to put that link right where it used to be (right next to the "view new content" area)? That way it's available right off the bat..

I did that this morning, it's labeled "My Content" (to be consistent with how the link is presented elsewhere).

That never-visited-by-regulars "guidelines" link doesn't deserve that spot of functional honor :P

I agree, but I didn't make this skin. I'll end up moving it elsewhere. :)

..Al

No. This very thread for example shows up on the last page.

Interesting -- I just checked the first 20 on my first page of results, and they all sort in order of my last post. I'll check more, perhaps.

OK, I'm seeing a couple super-recent posts (including this thread) on the very last page of my results, but at a glance everything else appears to be roughly in the order I described, i.e. in order of my last post (which is what I think was happening last time this issue came up).

This thread is still on my first page of results too, though, so it's getting listed in both places. There must be some garbage data that's causing a bad sort -- maybe there's a process that runs every xx minutes to clean that up. A post from 130 minutes ago is showing up on my last page too, so xx must be over two hours.

Edited by thegoldenband

Just want to chime in and say that I love the new 'Spy' tab - now I can just leave one of my browser tabs on AA and watch the new posts roll in. :thumbsup:

AtariAge is alive! I finally got to see it change. When I went to the Spy page earlier today, nothing happened. I didn't know what the big deal was. I guess I didn't wait long enough.

Deflection Skin!!!! nice!!!

I like it too, I find dark backgrounds easier on the eyes these days than white which gets quite tiring.

Stephen,

FYI I just discovered that the 'deflection' skin is missing a few integral points that the 'IP.Board' skin has - such as 'messenger' and 'my content' buttons at the top of the page.

As much as I like the dark screen... I can't live without those buttons on the front page.

I just enabled an "IP.Mobile" skin option, which is a fast, lightweight skin that should work well for you. Not sure how it'll look on a low-resolution device, but it'll certainly be better than the regular Desktop skin.

..Al

Thanks Al.

Works perfect with Mini Opera!