IGNORED

Forum Upgrade (mostly) Complete!

Albert

When I command-click (equivalent of middle-button click, I think) to bring up the link from this message in a new tab, it forces the new page to load in a new window. Instead, I have to bring up the context menu and open the link in a tab from there.

Here is the message where it happens:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/167235-byte-magazine/page__view__findpost__p__2235853

This is absolutely one of my biggest pet peeves when web sites break this functionality. I hate it when a web site breaks command-click (ctrl-click for windows I think) opening a link into a new tab.

Apparently this doesn't happen with links to AA messages, only with links to external sites:

http://slashdot.org/

Try it with both links in my message and you'll see the difference.

Stephen,

FYI I just discovered that the 'deflection' skin is missing a few integral points that the 'IP.Board' skin has - such as 'messenger' and 'my content' buttons at the top of the page.

As much as I like the dark screen... I can't live without those buttons on the front page.

I will add these links to the other skins today.

..Al

When I command-click (equivalent of middle-button click, I think) to bring up the link from this message in a new tab, it forces the new page to load in a new window. Instead, I have to bring up the context menu and open the link in a tab from there.

Here is the message where it happens:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/167235-byte-magazine/page__view__findpost__p__2235853

This is absolutely one of my biggest pet peeves when web sites break this functionality. I hate it when a web site breaks command-click (ctrl-click for windows I think) opening a link into a new tab.

Apparently this doesn't happen with links to AA messages, only with links to external sites:

http://slashdot.org/

Try it with both links in my message and you'll see the difference.

This does not happen for me in Chrome--both links opened in a new tab for me with Cmd-Click (which I pretty much use every time I click a link). What browser are you using? I'm sure I can easily change this behavior if the forum is treating external links differently.

..Al

Also, I just posted something in the Web Suggestions forums about the "My Content" link. Well, when I click "My Content" right now, that post doesn't even show up on the generated list? Or maybe it's so far down somewhere I can't find it...

A bug maybe?

Also, I just posted something in the Web Suggestions forums about the "My Content" link. Well, when I click "My Content" right now, that post doesn't even show up on the generated list? Or maybe it's so far down somewhere I can't find it...

A bug maybe?

If I remember right, that happened the last two or three upgrades. Seems like whoever works on that feature (or mod in the past) is a Time Lord or maybe a ghost. Linear time has no meaning to them.

Just added a "My Content" link right on the front page so you don't have to root around for it on your profile

Great to have that back, I totally depend on it :)

Say, is there a chance that can we get the "list" view of the blogs back as the default one?

The list view is now the default when entering the Blogs.

..Al

FYI I just discovered that the 'deflection' skin is missing a few integral points that the 'IP.Board' skin has - such as 'messenger' and 'my content' buttons at the top of the page.

As much as I like the dark screen... I can't live without those buttons on the front page.

I've updated the CleanCut, Splat and Deflection skins with links to "My Content" at the top of the page. These skins already had links to the messenger somewhere on the top. :)

..Al

Did we lose some of our old messages? I used to be able to search famicom and it would call up all old messages that were deleted and I could see the tracking number to a package? Now its gone....prob just some house keeping and clean up, but I was curious.....

Did we lose some of our old messages? I used to be able to search famicom and it would call up all old messages that were deleted and I could see the tracking number to a package? Now its gone....prob just some house keeping and clean up, but I was curious.....

If you mean private messages, none of them should have been affected at all (database changes were minimal). It is possible that the search inside the Messenger no longer searches "deleted" messages. That's something I will have to investigate.

..Al

Looks really good, especially on the iPhone where I always post from. I do have one question: on the iPhone, the "my posts" option seems to be missing, replaced by a link to this thread. Will this option return?

The "My Posts" option is there in the mobile skin--click on your username and then "My Content". :)

..Al

"My Posts" used to be available at the top of the mobile skin. Any chance you can put it back? It's oh so hard to click my username and "my content". But you gave me a dime and now I want a dollar! ;)

So I just found something else odd kind of by accident. The Search function seems to be working for the most part.. searching for "airlock" seems to come up ok. But when doing a search for a random word.. e.g. "suggestions" it brings up results from 2001 first, and altering the display order between ascending & descending doesn't seem to affect it (by bringing more recent results up top). Try it out. :P Perhaps thats a behavior if there are too many results?

I'm having issues with the "View New Content" option, with missing (and sometimes duplicated) posts. So... I was relying on "Today's active content", but that now seems to be misbehaving in similar fashion.

Right now, for instance, "Today's active content" has a post by Krytol at 3:32, then KnechtRuprecht at 3:30, with the third item by charliecron at 2:46. There's items missing between #2 and #3.

So I just found something else odd kind of by accident. The Search function seems to be working for the most part.. searching for "airlock" seems to come up ok. But when doing a search for a random word.. e.g. "suggestions" it brings up results from 2001 first, and altering the display order between ascending & descending doesn't seem to affect it (by bringing more recent results up top). Try it out. :P Perhaps thats a behavior if there are too many results?

I'm having issues with the "View New Content" option, with missing (and sometimes duplicated) posts. So... I was relying on "Today's active content", but that now seems to be misbehaving in similar fashion.

Right now, for instance, "Today's active content" has a post by Krytol at 3:32, then KnechtRuprecht at 3:30, with the third item by charliecron at 2:46. There's items missing between #2 and #3.

Yes, the search system seems to be a bit FUBAR at the moment. I've already expressed my displeasure over on Invision's forum and also submitted a trouble ticket. They've yet to respond to my public forum post or my ticket. There are also bug reports submitted in their bug tracker about these issues, so they are aware of them. I'm going to continue posting user comments (including the two above) to the thread I started on Invision's site. I'm quite unhappy about this at the moment.

..Al

Another bug:

I get messages with: XXX started a new personal conversation with you

But those are informing me about a new Blog entry, no personal message.

Similarly, when I get the same message, and I click to see it, the forum acts like I have an extra head and has no idea which message I wanted to see, despite there only being the one single message indicated by said alert.

Same issue?

"Find My Content" / "My Content" should now be sorting the results properly by "Last Post Date". Invision patched the forum today to fix that issue. :)

They suspect they know the cause of very old threads (from 2001) showing up in search results, so hopefully we'll have a fix for that shortly.

..Al

• Like 1

My content is now empty. Emptied cache (on iPhone) just to be sure... maybe we're in the middle of the invision patch? Thanks.

I am working on fixing an issue with the search system. I thought I had taken the forum offline, but it instead appears I found an interesting bug in the admin control panel that led me to believe I had taken the forum offline when I hadn't.. :ponder:

..Al

Just reporting what I'm seeing.. I've been actively posting in that "Jungle King" thread, but whenever I click "my content", the thread is never listed. :P Works fine otherwise. :)

If there are no new posts since you posted, it may not show the thread. Which "View New Content" method are you using? It's shown on this page in your settings (look for "Search Settings"):

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp

..Al