IGNORED

New Vectrex ports.

Matt Fisher

Hey all,

George over at Fury Unlimited has opened preorders on ports of War of the Worlds and Warrior :thumbsup: :

http://www.furyunlimited.com/_sgg/m1_1.htm

Looks like these both will be improvements on the originals. I dig WOTW, but let's be honest, the gameplay in the original gets boring pretty quick. There will also be a one-player mode to Warrior.

George does great stuff, so please support him!

Wooohooo!! He's doing Warrior!! Fantastic! I have been waiting years for someone to port that classic to Vectrex! Looks from the screenshot like he's doing an excellent port. Count me in! And given the screen overlay is absolutely essential for a game like this I am going to place a pre-order immediately!

Now if I can just convince him to do Tail Gunner I'll be one happy guy.

That guy does fantastic work. I already put in my pre-order for Warrior (already done for War Of The Worlds).

I like this approach. I've talked with him on this subject before and I agree with his view about coming out with new games being a necessary and even superior thing, but I also welcome coin-op translations like these two, I think there's room for both. And especially on a system like the Vectrex which is uniquely capable of representing the classic vector games correctly and, unfortunately, didn't have a large software base before The Crash killed it off. I see it like the Atari 2600 versions of arcade games such as Space Invaders wherein the original game is available to play but there are also variations that can be played that were never offered in the arcades. So I'm really looking forward to an "improved" War Of The Worlds and a Warrior with a single-player option and new/extra opponents to fight against. The best of both types.

Now, if someone can get to doing "true" Atari conversions (meaning with overlays and correct game play), a la the Atari 5200 version of Warlords (Castle Crisis) while also adding in unique game play variations like George has done for these two new homebrews coming out, for games like Red Baron and Black Widow, well, I'd be the happiest classic gaming fan on Earth.