IGNORED

blue screen pacman part 2

treetsux

My dad went and looked at it the other day, he said its mostly a blue screen and you can faintly see the maze, i dont know if thats from a burn in or not though....possibility? also he said while it has a blue screen, the sound is all there, and you can hear that pacman is moving when you move the joystick.

Does this still sound like its a bad connection somewhere and a good cleanup should do the trick?

my dad said its REALLY dirty, but the cabinet and marquee in in good shape.

thanks again!

NEW He also said that it looks as though its like bad reception, is this a sign of the monitor going out, or a loose connection?

Ok, if the game is playing "blind", then the board is fine. The board alone is worth 200+ on ebay, and any operator on earth would buy it for that (remember, collector prices and the "real world value" often differ). The monitor could be a connection issue, more likely not. In my experience, if you can barely see the image; that means the "entire" image, not just a color or two, then the tube in the monitor is gone. The way those tubes mount, the phosphorus from the monitor front gets caught over the cathode tip, and more or less "clouds" the image from being bright. You could take it to a TV shop and have the monitor "shot", but I would not recommend it. Thats 20 bucks, and for 200, you can buy a new monitor from happcontrols.com for 200, and your game is worth 500-800 bucks on ebay.

Consider this a standing offer; if you get it, and decide you do not want it, I would be willing to drive from DC and come get it from you. You won't lose money on the deal, promise. :)

Cassidy