IGNORED

"New B" bring's TI 99/4A back up to power after 19 years!

APB 99/4A

I looked on my iPhone as well... lame that it does it that way!!!! I've edited the above post to work on the iPhone.

What makes this possible is the "FOR I=1 TO 16" at the beginning and the "NEXT I" at the end... It executes the loop 16 times, each time incrementing "I" by 1. So when you do a CALL SCREEN(I), it changes that value from 1 to 2 to 3... all the way up to 16. There are 16 colors in the TI color pallette, therefore you've cycled through all the colors possible on the screen.

unfortunately Apple holds a tight-ass control over their software... You can't do jack unless they say so... Having an app with proprietary code is... well... "un-cool" with Apple... Interestingly enough, it was this very flaw that caused TI to shut down their computer production... It's a dumb dumb business plan, but we can't do jack about it. =(

That said, Classic99 is farkin amazing... if you have access to a computer at work......

(I'm gonna get this dude fired) =)

Just use FCTN+4 to break out... If you have a spare disk, save this program and we'll change it and add to it later so you can get acquainted with the feel... By the time we're done, we'll have SPRITEs flying all over the place and graphics that would rival "Halo"... (well, not quite) =)

After breaking out... slap a disk in your drive and:::

SAVE "DSK1.MYPROG"

Yep... Classic99 is a .exe program... If you're running it on your computer, just slide the Classic99 folder from your desktop onto the thumbdrive and you should be good to go. It requires no "installation", so it should be straight... I'm not sure if you can RUN it off your thumbdrive, but it would be easy to put it onto the computer, run it, do whatever you want, then put it back on your thumbdrive and replace the old one. That way, you don't have to leave it on your computer while you're not there and you can do all the programming you want. =)

***EDIT***

Technically, you need only save over the "DSK1" file folder contained inside the main Classic99 folder, as that is where we will be saving... It's a very nice system Tursi implemented for Classic99, making breaking the rules at work very easy and slick.

Don't get fired though... =)

Edited by Opry99er

Ok will need to get to work but will be on line from time to time. Yes some day I will get to a project just not sure what, lots of cool things to look at so I can see were I want to go. I like doing more then one thing at a time.

Cool man... well, have a good day, and if you'd like, we can build a game with this thread... a simple game, maybe 20 lines long with graphics, sound, everything... Just to get you used to programming in XB... then you can take it wherever you want. =)

Up to you, buddy... just trying to make your experience as cool as possible. Peace out

Awesome, man... too awesome. I'll eMail you the TI Extended BASIC manual in Microsoft Word format to stick on that drive as well. =) I'm writing an educational program right now for you. It's an introduction to Extended BASIC syntax and explains several commands and how to use them. =) It's not much, and it's probably not quite as cool as the TI-produced programs, but I'm doing it the way I would have liked it. =) Let me know if I can help you in any way while you're at work... I can send you some sample programs...

Just let me know... I should have this program done in a day or so. Hope you like.

TI running of thumb, removed after load and still running. Classic99 runs off ram alone. :). Something a little funny left TI up on boot screen and a co work tried to get on my workstation but could figure out what was going on with computer. Had window over max and hid the window edges just off side of screen. Ya I'm ready for programming tips, book I started back with is, TI-99/4A Sound and Graphics by Raymond J. Herold

Edited by APB 99/4A

Great stuff, mate!!! Glad to hear you're having fun!!! I posted a new thread on the XB lessons program I'm writing right now. It's going to be cool when it's done... =)

In any case, do you have a disk manager cartridge? DM2, perhaps? It will be important for formatting diskettes and cataloguing what's on them. Let me know if you don't have one--- I may have an extra I can send your way

Ok back in the day my 9 pin Seikio print got nocked to the floor and blew a part by brother . He got me a panasonic KX-P2123 but I put it on my PC not the TI so I don't know if it will work. It had a color upgrade in it also but only have black carriage here.