Here are a couple of proto's you won't find everyday:

Items Listed in Atari 2600:Games:Demo/Prototype

Power Lords Atari 2600 Prototype

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000487036

Starting At $0.01 Ends: April 3, 2011 9:30:00 PM EDT

Adventures of the Pink Panther Atari 2600 Prototype

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000487034

Starting At $0.01 Ends: April 3, 2011 10:00:00 PM EDT

Is it possible that the buyer can finally dump them?

I already dumped Power Lords. :P

But PP is kind of a shit on my deal, oh well, maybe I can get it cheaper now and dump it before this one is sold. :ponder:

Maybe someone on AA will win the auction and do the right thing...either way, i'll still buy your repro cart for the Pink Panther if you make it available and i'm certain others will as well. Your release of Power Lords gets an A+ in my book. icon_smile.gif

Is it possible that the buyer can finally dump them?

I already dumped Power Lords. :P

But PP is kind of a shit on my deal, oh well, maybe I can get it cheaper now and dump it before this one is sold. :ponder:

I REALLY want that Pink Panther game! I wish I could justify spending $700 or whatever it will end up at. If I had that kind of money to spend on games, I'd buy PP and send it to you CPUWIZ to work your magic. I'd like to see that in cartridge form (maybe with the carts spray painted pink!), but I guess there would be copyright problems involved :sad:

These are legit. I'll vouch for them.

Tempest

Tempest,

You need to update your Pink Panther page.

Three VCS proto's are known to exist now (instead of one).

8)

Yeah I know. I was going to do that once it was dumped and update the pictures at the same time. I've just been laaaaazy.

Tempest

These are legit. I'll vouch for them.

Tempest

Tempest,

You need to update your Pink Panther page.

Three VCS proto's are known to exist now (instead of one).

8)

Yeah I know. I was going to do that once it was dumped and update the pictures at the same time. I've just been laaaaazy.

Tempest

I count at least four... Steve's, the guy CPUWIZ is dealing with, the other one sold on ebay, and this one. Or is the ebay one the same as the one CPUWIZ is working on purchasing?

Then there's this one... I think there may be another hint or too of other copies scattered through out the forums.

Then there's this one...

I can confirm that one.

Must be four then.

Almost common, eh?

8)

As far as I know there are three Pink Panthers and Two Power Lords.

Pink Panthers

-------------

1. Steve's (the original)

2. The Magnavox collectors that was sold on ebay (in the hands of a collector now)

3. The one on Game Gavel

Power Lords

-----------

1. The Magnavox collectors that was sold on ebay (in the hands of a collector now)

2. The one on Game Gavel

CPUWIZ has access to Power Lords, but I'm not sure if it is the same copy as #1 or an entirely new copy. Not sure if he has access to PP or if it's one of the known copies or yet another copy.

Tempest

Then there's this one...

I can confirm that one.

Must be four then.

Almost common, eh?

8)

As far as I know there are three Pink Panthers and Two Power Lords.

Pink Panthers

-------------

1. Steve's (the original)

2. The Magnavox collectors that was sold on ebay (in the hands of a collector now)

3. The one on Game Gavel

And the one with the label makes four.

I have a picture, but promised not to show it.

8)

I suppose I should chime in on this thread now. Thought I'd have a little more time to figure out my plans for this cart, as I've only had it a couple weeks, but the GameGavel auction is forcing my hand. Rom Hunter is correct as far as the title goes; I sent him a pic of the label on my cart. Probe 2000's intent was obviously to have this called Pursuit of the Pink Panther. The cart I have has been tested, and near as I can tell, it's probably the same ROM as the unlabeled ones. No title screen, a little buggy, but completely playable. Four game selections/difficulties, although I'm hard pressed to tell the difference; three game "screens." I haven't played a ROM from any of the other carts, so I can't say for sure. The cartridge and label are in pristine condition.

I have video of gameplay uploaded to YouTube, but I'm keeping it private until I can edit together a version that includes some titling, a little historical information, and some shots of the cartridge itself. If anyone here wants to see the raw footage, just shoot me a message with your YouTube username, and I can add you to my list and send you the link. If anyone else has questions (or really enticing offers that keep me from having to go through an auction), feel free to contact me. Assuming I don't get swamped and have an answer to your question, I'll try to reply promptly. I am a collector, but I don't collect protos, per se, so I'd like to see this go to a good home where it can benefit the community.

Let the speculations begin. :ponder:

post-14707-0-77160100-1300769073_thumb.jpg

Edited by MetalVic
  • Like 1

I'd say given yours comes with a proper label, it will most certainly be worth more than the one on GG. Also, its more likely to be more complete, which again, if true, will increase its value over the GG one.

Exactly my thoughts.

There's indeed a chance it's more polished than the others.

8)