IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, Season 2, ROUND 2

Austin

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 2, ROUND 2:

ZOOL 2

ROUND OVER.

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Since we played this in the last season, we are going to be doing things slightly different (just slightly!). When the game boots up, press OPTION to go to the options screen. From there, set your difficulty to EASY (last time we played, it was on NORMAL). Start a game from there and go until you game-over! Post your score when complete!

If you are not familiar with the new Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....on-2-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. :)

FINAL SCORES FOR ZOOL 2:

1. Jeremiahjt - 257,250 (+100pts)

2. Kgenthe - 152,725 (+59pts)

3. Austin - 140,000 (+54pts)

4. GKC - 138,755 (+53pts)

5. SamanthaLT - 133,010 (+51pts)

6. Astropuff - 127,525 (+49pts)

7. Sauron - 114,760 (+44pts)

8. Doctorclu - 44,175 (+17pts)

9. Orpheuswaking - 10,400 (+4pts)

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:

1. Jeremiahjt - 194pts

2. Kgenthe - 157pts

3. SamanthaLT - 151pts

4. GKC - 148pts

5. Orpheuswaking - 100pts

6. The_Laird - 97pts

7. Punisher5.0 - 93pts

8. Doctorclu - 92pts

9. Gaztee - 82pts

10. Austin - 54pts

11. Astropuff - 49pts

12. Sauron - 44pts

Edited by Austin

I am going to have to do some major damage this round as I don't have the games for the next two rounds.... Really though, I'm not very good at this game. Still looking forward to having a reason to put some time into Zool though. Big fan of platformers and Zool 2 is a solid one despite my ineptness at it.

Edited by GKC
  • Like 1

I am going to have to do some major damage this round as I don't have the games for the next two rounds.... Really though, I'm not very good at this game. Still looking forward to having a reason to put some time into Zool though. Big fan of platformers and Zool 2 is a solid one despite my ineptness at it.

I will have to give the next two rounds some thought then. I meant to have alternative games for the occasion where someone doesn't have a game we are playing, but haven't figured how to implement it yet.

Finished all 15 levels in Bubsy and had time to spare so thought I would play some Zool.

Obviously I like Bubsy more than Zool. :P

(though I did start a collection of Zool long enough to get the Japan version of the first game)

• Like 1

Well, no screenshot for me, guys.. Everything was going well until Project Tempest crashed when I got to Snaking Pass. I would have certainly finished the game, without a doubt. My score was around the 140,000 range, so I'll just do 140k flat.

:(

All in all the game itself doesn't seem any easier on "easy" mode, but it feels like the life refreshers that appear out of enemies do so at a faster rate, and your overall candy meter (that has to go to 99 before finishing a level) also seems to fill quicker. I think.

Well, no screenshot for me, guys.. Everything was going well until Project Tempest crashed when I got to Snaking Pass. I would have certainly finished the game, without a doubt. My score was around the 140,000 range, so I'll just do 140k flat.

:(

What happened to your Jaguar? My condolences for having to deal with Project Tempest.

• Like 1

What happened to your Jaguar? My condolences for having to deal with Project Tempest.

About a month or two ago I decided I needed to sell some consoles to get a better grip on my financial situation, my collecting habits were getting a little out of hand again. Of roughly ten consoles I got rid of, the Jaguar was one of them. Now that I look back on it, I should have kept it and parted with something else, if only to play in the HSC.

First score is 128,365.

As far as easy mode changes, the only thing different is the number of lives and how many items you have to collect to get 99. On easy mode I believe you can get 99 without finding any secrets or killing any enemies and of course for normal you have to kill at least some bad guys or find secrets to get 99.

• Like 1

Finished all 15 levels in Bubsy and had time to spare so thought I would play some Zool.

Obviously I like Bubsy more than Zool. :P

(though I did start a collection of Zool long enough to get the Japan version of the first game)

Not to get too off topic here, but did you ever discover the answer to my question I posed to you Doc? When we played Bubsy in the HSC the season before last I asked you about some cloud platforming on the giant level I think. I was wondering if you ever figured out where that path went.

• Like 1

First try: 114,335

I didn't notice much of a difference between easy and normal :? I got the next couple of days off so I will try and get this a couple more run throughs. I don't need much motivation as I do enjoy the game despite having the two things I find most irritating in games, up jumps and respawning enemies.

post-27652-0-40014000-1301194408_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The game does have some irritating features, but if you can get used to them you can use them to your advantage. Always use the jump button (not the up d-pad key) to jump. Be accurate on the d-pad so you don't press up and jump by accident (I never had this problem myself). With respawning enemies, constantly jump around the levels with the spinning attack. You generally will not get hurt unless you land on spikes or any other harmful ground substance, and it's generally best to navigate levels almost exclusively this way. If you want to risk running normally, always shoot while doing so to protect you from any oncoming enemies (i.e., be proactive). Also, use the respawning enemies to your advantage. When your health gets low, sit in an area where flying enemies keep coming at you. Solely use the spinning/jumping attack, and you can refill your health bar after every few enemies. Lastly, I find the platforming segments easier when using the spin-jump attack, as it makes Zool's precision less slippery and more accurate. :thumbsup: