IGNORED

Indie Games

HatefulGravey

A friend of mine recently got me into the indie games a little more. I have played with a few, but never many. i have found that many of them are a great time. So instead of trying them all to see whats really good I would ask around and see what others are playing and narrow the list down.

I have:

Cthulhu Saves the World (funny old school RPG)

Epic Dungeon

Bird Assassin

and I would recommend trying these three for sure. I have beaten none of them so I can't speak for their length and depth, but for a buck or two you can't go wrong with these fun little games.

Any recommendations out there?

I have about 50+ of them but only 20 or so that are very good.

Abbadon Retribution ...............is the bomb.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bird Assasin....kinda funny, gets repetative tho :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Break Limit......old school fun :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Commander World 1....Like it alot but starts getting jumpy after afew min,,,weird! If it gets fixed add 2 more oints to it!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Epic Dungeon.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Decimation X3 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 1/2

Fish Craft...wish it was longer :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GCG X ...fast fun for ppl on the run...but if you have the time it is nuts :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Infinity Danger.....TOTALLY AWESOME and gets really hard since theyy Adapt to you!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IInfluence...looks ugly but I found it fun...for a $1 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 1/2

Impact of towers....not bad lots of upgrades :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gaurdian....I dont know why I got so addicted to this game...just neat!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ionball....its breakout/arkanoid...but with permanate upgrades.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 1/2

Weapon of Choice....Awesome game, neat style,cool characters TONS of Replay.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Onger!......... Itsh as catapults & Puzzles!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Crossfire2...just cool!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Inferno...more coolness :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ranger....hmmm I really like overwelming odd with lightning arrows!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 1/2

Retrofit Overload...Great retro game.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 1/2

Shoot1UP....says it all!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That afew off the top of my head...They were just about all $1 and well worth it.:D .

• Like 1

Shoot1Up

Beat Hazard (Also on the PC, its better on the PC, and you don't require a connection)

Decimation X

Decimation X3

Score Rush

Can you tell I like shmups? XD

Shoot1Up and Score Rush are just as good as Guwange on XBLA and maybe Muchi Muchi Pork for the X360 by Cave.

I do not touch Indie Games after i learned that they all require a internet connection to play them. which is sad because there seems to be many of them that are really good.

I don't know why they make you stay connected, I assume its something underhanded seeing as how there is no good reason to require it. That said I don't really care too much. I would have to spend more then a buck on a soda, so spending a buck on a game is never really a problem for me. The good time my wife and I had laughing at Bird Assassin last night was worth a buck. Not to mention I would hope it helps up and coming developers and people with different ideas to cut their teeth.

I do not touch Indie Games after i learned that they all require a internet connection to play them. which is sad because there seems to be many of them that are really good.

I don't know why they make you stay connected, I assume its something underhanded seeing as how there is no good reason to require it. That said I don't really care too much. I would have to spend more then a buck on a soda, so spending a buck on a game is never really a problem for me. The good time my wife and I had laughing at Bird Assassin last night was worth a buck. Not to mention I would hope it helps up and coming developers and people with different ideas to cut their teeth.

Its a form of DRM, i do not support anything that has this form of DRM. People should care, it does not matter if the game is $1.00 or $60.00, the more people buy this sort of stuff with this form of DRM the more they will keep pushing it onto us. I should not have to be connected on the net to play a single player game that i paid for. Its one of the many worst forms of DRM. I would gladly support Indie games if it wasn't for the stupid DRM Microsoft pushes on it.

Its a form of DRM, i do not support anything that has this form of DRM. People should care, it does not matter if the game is $1.00 or $60.00, the more people buy this sort of stuff with this form of DRM the more they will keep pushing it onto us. I should not have to be connected on the net to play a single player game that i paid for. Its one of the many worst forms of DRM. I would gladly support Indie games if it wasn't for the stupid DRM Microsoft pushes on it.

They claim they do it to make sure you can get updates to the games. If that were truly the case though then they'd do the same thing for XBLA games but they don't. I actually take my console to family gatherings a few times a year. It's pretty irritating not to be able to show them any of the indie games. I don't bother with local multiplayer indie games because of this.

The games I'd recommend are these:

Apple Jack (puzzle platformer)

Alawishus Pixel (8 bit style platformer)

Explosionade (puzzle platformer)

Infinity Danger (shooter)

Karnn Age (shooter)

Pell Mell (shooter)

Platypus (shooter)

Shoot 1up (shooter)

You Will Die (shooter)

I'd recommend Dysnomia but last time I played the game it was bug ridden and unfinishable because of them. Hopefully it's been fixed since I played it last.

I want to check out Epic Dungeon but so far I have bought none of the Indy games for the same reason madmax2069 doesn't

I think that is really lame.

There are actually a bunch I'd love to snag, oh well.

Looks like you'll be missing out on a bunch of cheap, awesome games while the rest of us are enjoying them. :lol:

Looks like you'll be missing out on a bunch of cheap, awesome games while the rest of us are enjoying them. :lol:

If you saw my list of Live Arcade titles (over 140) and my "To play list" of retail games (unopened games sitting on my shelf and unfinished games sitting on my shelf) you'd quickly realize why I'm not too worried about missing out. I already feel like I'm missing out on games I can play anytime I want connected or not. Who's really missing out are the people who make $ off these games.

If I was starved for entertainment I might not think twice about spending the points, and honestly there are a few titles I'd consider snagging at $1 (Epic Dungeon, Breath Of Death VII ), but the 400 point Indie games...forget it.

I want to check out Epic Dungeon but so far I have bought none of the Indy games for the same reason madmax2069 doesn't

I think that is really lame.

There are actually a bunch I'd love to snag, oh well.

LMAO, to tell you the truth i am not hard pressed about indie games. I would much rather save my money and go spend $30 for a gallon of Nitro fuel for my RC and go to a track and have way more fun then i can have in any game available today. like i said i am not missing much by not buying these DRM ridden indie games. what happens if your net is down, oops you can't play. what happens when the 360 is no longer supported (quite a ways away, but it will happen) oops sorry you can't play (that is if they do not patch it).

How much do you want to bet i am having way more fun then you are

LMAO, to tell you the truth i am not hard pressed about indie games. I would much rather save my money and go spend $30 for a gallon of Nitro fuel for my RC and go to a track and have way more fun then i can have in any game available today. like i said i am not missing much by not buying these DRM ridden indie games. what happens if your net is down, oops you can't play. what happens when the 360 is no longer supported (quite a ways away, but it will happen) oops sorry you can't play (that is if they do not patch it).

How much do you want to bet i am having way more fun then you are

To tell you the truth I was only speaking to the person I quoted. I was giving him a hard time because I seem to remember him stating similar things in the past to what I stated. I could be misremembering but I was only funning him anyway. I really couldn't care less what other people do with their money unless they're buying voodoo dolls with my name on them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

While I don't have a console, I play indie games on the PC.

Some of my favorites:

The Binding of Issac - Roguelike/Zeldaish game

Dungeons of Dredmor - another Roguelike game

Darwinia - reminds me a bit of Powermonger

Botanicula - point-and-click adventure/puzzle game

While I have these installed via Steam, I bought them through several Humble Bundles. Buying them that way you also get Linux, Mac and Windows versions and they don't have any DRM.

• 8 months later...

I'm enjoying Rad Raygun right now. It's a platformer that's styled after the gameboy visual style. Pretty cool throwback game for $1.

http://marketplace.x...15-d80258550cae

Ascent of Kings is an 8 bit style platformer that just came out. I'm enjoying it as well for $1.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Ascent-of-Kings/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550caf