IGNORED

Death of the PSN

Underball

I wonder where this will leave all my high and mighty PS3 friends? I'm not saying the 360 is much better, but I don't see post like this about that system. Just saying.

Probably there are just no 360 users that care about the data they hand over to microsoft on Atari Age? Certainly not enough to read over the terms of use and point out to the general public parts they find disturbing. That's all that's been done in this thread, and it's helpful that they did so. With it apparently taking a few minutes just to scroll down to the bottom without reading, one can only assume it was made that long on purpose to discourage reading. :P (And I'm sure the vast majority of PS3 owners just went tl;dr and hit agree as planned, or would have if they didn't see this thread.)

I wonder where this will leave all my high and mighty PS3 friends? I'm not saying the 360 is much better, but I don't see post like this about that system. Just saying.

Probably there are just no 360 users that care about the data they hand over to microsoft on Atari Age? Certainly not enough to read over the terms of use and point out to the general public parts they find disturbing. That's all that's been done in this thread, and it's helpful that they did so. With it apparently taking a few minutes just to scroll down to the bottom without reading, one can only assume it was made that long on purpose to discourage reading. :P (And I'm sure the vast majority of PS3 owners just went tl;dr and hit agree as planned, or would have if they didn't see this thread.)

I read over my Xbox live user agreement and it was not any where as bad as this is.

Not much choice but to agree to the new terms if a person wants to play online. If a person bought the latest Bionic Commando game they have to agree to these terms to even keep playing that game "offline".

Oh yes, I agreed to the new terms. No other choice really. I'm not sure the 'accept this or be deleted' option means that they're legally binding everywhere, anyway.

Speaking of PSN troubles, I don't want to come off as supporting any illegal acts, but I'm having trouble finding it in me to speak against the retaliatory DDOS attack going on against playstation sites and servers.

Probably the wrong way to go about it though, really. The best way to shut down PSN is probably to find a legal excuse to have it downed and the assets placed into evidence until the completion of a slow moving trial. Sony does it all the time.

Edited by Reaperman