IGNORED

choplfter hd announced

xg4bx

Wow! It really is impressive to see an update to a classic that appears to retain the characteristics of that classic. I wish more "remakes" were like that.

Agreed! Nothing worse than an update that is only similar to the original in name only Games that, if it did not have the same title in the name you would have no idea what it is based on. True remakes should have an update in the graphics, perhaps a little more detail or resolution, it is OK if the spruce up the physics and maybe add a few bells and whistles AS LONG as the original concept, feel etc remain intact.

That said, thought you might already know, some gems can be found on this site that do exactly that:

http://retroremakes.com/nostalgia/

Agreed! Nothing worse than an update that is only similar to the original in name only Games that, if it did not have the same title in the name you would have no idea what it is based on. True remakes should have an update in the graphics, perhaps a little more detail or resolution, it is OK if the spruce up the physics and maybe add a few bells and whistles AS LONG as the original concept, feel etc remain intact.

Funny, I was just thinking this exact same thing the other day. I can think of all kinds of games that I would love to see brought back with their core elements intact.

I was playing a game of Enduro and I thought about how cool it would be if it was remade. But not as a Gran Turismo style "sim" racer; I'd like to see it be just as ludicrous in premise as the original, where you have what vaguely resembles an F1 car blasting past hundreds of cars a minute through snow, darkness, and fog violating every law of physics known to man. Frostbite is another one that would be awesome to remake with nothing updated but the graphics and sound (the gameplay ain't broke, so no need to fix it). Judicious recycling of the classic sound effects (think Pac-Man CE-DX and how it mixes new sounds with familiar ones) could be used to rev up the nostalgia a bit.

I miss the days when games didn't have to "make sense". Like, how does Frostbite Bailey manage to build an igloo by jumping across icebergs at a rapid pace, and why wouldn't he just duck the seagulls or at least fight back at the crabs instead of just letting them push him into the water? The answer is, of course, who cares?

If these games were available for $5 or so on PSN, I'd be all over it.