IGNORED

Free Realms

cimerians

I bought a lifetime membership for my kid on the PC. Its pretty good for grade school kids and an MMO that seems to appeal to both boys and girls.

If anyone is interested in the PS3 version coming out today click here for some info.

Looks like you cannot use your PC account to play. Oh well. I dont think I'll be buying another lifetime membership unless she demands it.

Nice it includes trophies though.

I bought a lifetime membership for my kid on the PC. Its pretty good for grade school kids and an MMO that seems to appeal to both boys and girls.

If anyone is interested in the PS3 version coming out today click here for some info.

Looks like you cannot use your PC account to play. Oh well. I dont think I'll be buying another lifetime membership unless she demands it.

Wait a minute.... the game is called "FREE Realms" yet you BUY a membership?? What the hell....???

(just joking)

Mendon

Wait a minute.... the game is called "FREE Realms" yet you BUY a membership?? What the hell....???

(just joking)

Mendon

Yup. A lot of 'free' MMO's are built around micro-transactions (purchasing in game content) or moving from some measly little island to the main "world" to have the full experience of said MMO if you decide to start paying.

Annoying.

My baisc understanding of normal MMO's like Everquest and even WOW is:

Play for a long time. Achieve bad ass "stuff" (weapons, items etc).

Purchase add-on to get better "stuff" because now your old stuff is lame.

Repeat.

That loop continues. Buying add-ons getting the best stuff you can then the next add-on you purchase renders your old stuff as crap so your always looking forward to the add-ons.