IGNORED

2600 9s: results so far

CincYnoTi

To be totally honest, I only went to DP once.  Nothing against them, but I was entirely put off by the pricing guide.  Pricing is in a constant state of flux, and a set price, no matter who puts it out, should never apply.  It depends on what any game is worth to any given person.

Don't be totally turned off to DP. They do have the most comprehensive list of Classic VGs out there. Once you get past the prices, they do offer a wealth of knowledge about systems few web sites cover in detail.

Two stories.  I just picked up two games by "Bomb", Z-Tack and Great Escape.  Fortunately for me, and waaaaay much to my suprise, I felt that the seller had no idea what they were worth.  It was painfully obvious as they are both listed here as 9's.  The guy's buy it now price?  A whopping 19.95 each!  By the time I picked up his entire batch of weird stuff (the two listed games, miner 2049er II, exocet, and three others which I cannot remember, but they were 6's), the total bill for 7 games (4-6's, 1-7, & 2-9's) was $175 shipping included.  He even said he'd lower the prices of both Bomb games to 14.95 each!  Nice man.

That's probably the best deal I've ever heard of from ebay. I thought I did well when I got 7 Common Atari carts for 0.01 with free shipping, Gas Hog for 15.00, Tax Avoiders for 1.25 and Miner 2049er II Complete for $12 on mistimed auctions. They were all auctions ending on a Wednesday and they all ended after 1:00 AM EST. :D

I thought I did well when I got 7 Common Atari carts for 0.01 with free shipping

Who did you buy those games from, do you remember? Sounds like it was one of my brother's and my auctions. I kind of remember something like that.

You also gotta love those mis-timed auctions, don't ya?

I thought I did well when I got 7 Common Atari carts for 0.01 with free shipping

Who did you buy those games from, do you remember? Sounds like it was one of my brother's and my auctions. I kind of remember something like that.

You also gotta love those mis-timed auctions, don't ya?

I bought them from a doctor who resides in New Jersey. It was more than six months ago so I don't have his name on file anymore. I do remember that he was a great Ebayer in that he shipped them quickly.

I wasn't meaning to imply that a rarity guide wasn't a good idea. I really don't go after rare carts. Every now and again I'll get lucky and come across one in a lot. One time I got Q* Bert Qubes fairly cheap because the seller spelled in Cubes in the description and had it mixed in with a Colecovision lot!!! I was very happy when I realized it was for the 2600. That kinda fits right in with Marcos statements about a badly worded description.

Anyways. What I was asking...regardless if the prices have been dropping recently :roll: ....

if you thought downgrading it would cause them to drop even further?

Also how much were Water Worlds loose going for before they started dropping??

Two stories. I just picked up two games by "Bomb", Z-Tack and Great Escape. Fortunately for me, and waaaaay much to my suprise, I felt that the seller had no idea what they were worth.

Well the Bomb carts you got from Neschmpion are indeed PAL and not NTSC. I had the chance to grab them awhile back. While $19.95 might not be bad price its certainly not a brag.

Adam

Well the Bomb carts you got from Neschmpion are indeed PAL and not NTSC. I had the chance to grab them awhile back. While $19.95 might not be bad price its certainly not a brag.

Adam

That isn't the person whom I bought them from. "Nmatheys", his user handle on EBay, is who I got them from. I also wound up getting a bunch of other rarer stuff from him.

The following is from a letter from CommaVid offering a new run of Magicards.

"Is the Magicard rare enough to interest collectors of rare 2600 cartridges? Answer: I don't know. Here are the numbers, make up your own mind. Original sales were apporximately 500 (five hundred). Due to the difficulty of obtaining certain parts shared by the "Magicard" and "Video Life" (but not our other cartridges), we plan to produce only about 700 (seven hundred) more COMBINED TOTAL OF BOTH these cartridges. (Because Video Life has only been offered by direct mail, it is currently much rarer than the MagiCard!)"

If this is correct, they planned to make a combined total of 1,200 Magicards and Video Lifes. I think it's safe to assume that they didn't. Also, the percentages of Magicards vs Video Lifes are unknown. But if you look at those numbers, it is pretty amazing that, in the end, only 20 Video Lifes were produced and/or sold. Was CommaVid merely inflating sales figures in their letter, or did they over-estimate the market potential for these games?

Cheers,

Marco

here's my list:

assault     all but the cart (cart is PAL)    

wall defender (same as above)      great escape (same as above)

z-tack    (complete NTSC)

ikari ntsc      (complete)

out of control  (complete)

color bar gen    (cart,ins)

malagai          (complete)

video jogger    (complete)

video reflex    (complete)

spike's peak    cart,ins

lochjaw          cart

spider maze  cart    

vulture attack  cart

river patrol    (complete)

x-man            (complete)

cakewalk        (complete)

stronghold      (complete)

condor attack    (complete)

berenstainbears (complete)

bumper bash    cart

glib            (complete)

rescue terra I  (complete)

tooth protectors (complete)

waterworld      (complete)

qbert's qubes  (complete)

foot craz        (complete)

kidvid          (complete)

i do have the other 3 bomb cart NTSC but they are DEAD!! BTW anyone who has a NTSC bomb cart have a small sticker on the back of the cart that says (Q.C. PASSED N) all mine do!

Take care,

Rick

i do have the other 3 bomb cart NTSC but they are DEAD!!  BTW anyone who has a NTSC bomb cart have a small sticker on the back  of the cart that says (Q.C. PASSED N) all mine do!

Take care,

Rick

Wow, never know that before. My say all Q.C. PASSED P. So they are PAL. :D :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey! I wanna get on the list. I have:

Assault

Great Escape

Wall Defender

Z-Tack

Video Jogger

Video Reflex

River Patrol

Out of Control

Tomarc/Motocross

Lockjaw

Glib

Tooth Protectors

Rescue Terra 1

X-Man

Cakewalk

Stronghold

Ikari Warriors

Condor Attack

Vulture Attack

Spider Maze

Bumper Bash

Waterworld

Q*Bert's Qubes

• 1 month later...

As wee are on the subject of rarity.... I actually like the 1-10 system and feel it makes collecting that bit more interesting. But it would be good if it could be updated annually and therefore rarity ratings for some games could change.....making collecting even more interesting.

But who could judge the rarirty? :ponder: :D