IGNORED

WinFLASH

Matthias

Hello all,

yesterday i have added a webpage with info about my Windows-based tool WinFLASH V1.2 for the Atari Flashcard, you can find it in the tools section of my Jaguar-website, on the webpage are links for ZIP-archives with the executable and the Visual C++ source, as well as links to the website of the printer-port driver DLL you'll need to get my program work.

Here is the link to the WinFLASH webpage:

http://www.mdgames.de/jaguar_winflash.html

Kind regards

Matthias

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Excellent! I was pondering flashing some of my stuff to my flashcart for demo'ing at the pub and wondered how I would accomplish that. Now I have the answer! top news!

So did it work for you and all the other who tried it out?

I am asking because i wasn't able to test it before releasing it.

Kind regards

Matthias

Hello!

Excellent! I was pondering flashing some of my stuff to my flashcart for demo'ing at the pub and wondered how I would accomplish that. Now I have the answer! top news!

So did it work for you and all the other who tried it out?

I am asking because i wasn't able to test it before releasing it.

Sorry not had need or chance to try it out yet. Will also need to dig out a cable for it too.

I'll let you know once I do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Do you need an old computer with parallel port to program it ?

Yes, Atari's FLASH-card uses a parallel-port cable connection (DSUB-25 to DSUB25), and Atari provided a DOS-based program that communicates with the FLASH-card via the printer-port.

Or is there a usb -> parallel cable that works under windows 7 that will do ?

This could be possible, but i don't have any experience with such USB-to-Printer-cables.

(For my development-work i use a "Jaguar era"-compatible Win98SE-PC with both real printer and real serial ports).

Like the skunkboard the cartridge needs to be in the atari jaguar to be programmed or there is a way to give it power away from the jaguar ?

No, you need to have the Atari FLASH-card inserted in the Jaguar's cartridge slot, the FLASH-card is not an autonome device.

Kind regards

Matthias

• Like 1

This could be possible, but i don't have any experience with such USB-to-Printer-cables.
I tested two such cables (based on two different chips). Both of them are compatible with the standard printer protocol only ; otherwise, they don't work at all.

So unless the Flash cart protocol is compatible, it won't work.

Edited by Zerosquare