IGNORED

CrazyBrix - WIP

PacManPlus

Thanks guys!

@HammR25 - It isn't supposed to show a high score unless you put one in... I was thinking maybe the ID bytes I used were already taken (I use $0A,$01 for this game), but I looked through the High Score Cart Values thread (in the 7800 programming forum) and it doesn't seem to clash with anything else. :( Maybe it's an Anomaly.... Just out of curiosity, can you take a screenshot?

Also - has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,

Bob

I can still take a screenshot to make sure the skill setting on screen is correct but that score is long gone now. It was only around 1100 points. I'm just glad it wasn't like 800,000 or something. :lol: The high score screen has worked fine, it just originally had that score in it.

I'd be surprised if it was from another game since it was only one score. I typically have more than one high score in any game I play. That's of course unless it came from a high score on a specific skill setting of another game that I only played once. It would be a bear to check Pac-Man Collection for every possible high score scenario.

I was also trying to think of WIP games that it might come from. I've probably played Froggie more than once and Arkanoid doesn't use the HSC or I don't have that turned on for it. Groovy Bee's games don't support the HSC so that's simple enough.

Was playing this more today, on my day off. Great work. I love Arkanoid and Breakout. Was bummed when Propane13's 7800 Arkanoid went into the Twilight Zone, but real life always takes the lead and should.

One question: Will you have Arkanoid style power-ups in this to switch levels, shoot lasers etc?

Hey Drac:

Thank you! :)

Actually, I wasn't going to put those powerups in there - I didn't want to make this *too* much like Arkanoid, as I know Propane13 is still working on it.

This may just be a straight forward Breakout style game with some crazy level layouts.

That being said, I've added a few levels, and made the ball speed up after being in play for a while. I've also added the bonus life at 10,000 intervals until 100,000. I think once the player has passed all 32 levels, I may advance the difficulty up one and start making the levels randomly chosen.

Bob

EDIT - for clarity

Edited by PacManPlus

Thanks guys...

New update:

- Added a few more levels

- Two-player works now

- ball speeds up after being in play for a while

- extra turn given at $10000 point intervals up to 100,000

- After the player passes all 32 levels (once I complete them) sequentially, the difficulty is increased, and the levels from that point on are chosen at random.

I don't know why, but I cannot get the joystick control to work so I have not been able to play it yet. ProSystem does not seem to recognize when I press the button for L difficulty. Any ideas how I can make ProSystem work right?

I think I had a similar problem months ago with the MIA prototype and I don't remember what I did to get that difficulty switch working right.

I don't know why, but I cannot get the joystick control to work so I have not been able to play it yet. ProSystem does not seem to recognize when I press the button for L difficulty. Any ideas how I can make ProSystem work right?

I think I had a similar problem months ago with the MIA prototype and I don't remember what I did to get that difficulty switch working right.

The swtich is not sticky like it is in a real Atari so in order for it to work for me I have to hold down the F5 key the entire time.

-Jeff

Hi

Excellent work as usual.

At some time, I had the ball locked in the same loop, so I was to left die one live.

In some breakout games, if you touch the ball with any of the extremes of your ship, the ball is launched again with other angle. So you can change the direction of the ball (useful when you have only a few bricks left). Other (and maybe easier) option could be change the angle of the ball automatically when it speeds up.

I only played the 2 first screens. I have seen the 2 paddles in screen two. I think could be interesting too including other Super Breakout variations on other screens, like the captive ball or progressive breakout, or elements of Bee-Gee games, like targets, double bonus, etc. (But also it maybe makes a distance to mantain the essence of classic Breakout)

Anyway, another interesting project,

Greetings.

Edited by keitaro

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys:

Close to the end on this. Here is the latest binary. All 32 screens have been completed, as are some of the sounds.

Just a reminder:

- The paddles go in the *right* port

- The left difficulty switch chooses between paddles and joysticks

- The ball movement has been re-vamped

- The brick hitting sounds chooses a random control value every board (kind of like Super Breakout, except every board instead of every game)

- After completing the 32 levels, the difficulty gets moved to the next level, and the board selection from that point on is random.

This was just a game made so I can figure out ball trajectory / movement. I know there won't be much interest in this game, but at least it will be out there.

post-1787-0-22373700-1319898591_thumb.png

post-1787-0-63478300-1319898591_thumb.png

To do:

- Intro music

- 'Lost Ball' music

- Possibly change the 'wall hitting' sound - not sure yet.

- Implement second ball after completing all 32 levels (maybe) - Additional 100 points per brick when both balls are in play.

Thoughts?

CrazyBricks.A78

CrazyBricks.bin

CrazyBricksP.A78

CrazyBricksP.bin

Ha!

Thanks guys :)

I did something a little different. The player now always starts out with two balls in play, and earns +100 points per brick destroyed when both balls are in play.

I am leaving the wall hit sound, unless someone complains.

So, all that's left is the intro tune, and something when you lose a ball. :)

Bob

Got it. :)

Here is RC1!

Added:

- Quick intro tune at the start of each board

- Lost ball sound (sounds like the player getting eaten in Adventure - I like it!) :)

- Bonus ball sound

- Double ball at start, player earns brick points + 100 as long as both balls are in play.

- Fixed being able to start with button after game over (thanks Marc!) ;)

Let me know :)

Bob

CrazyBricks.A78

CrazyBricks.bin

CrazyBricksP.A78

CrazyBricksP.bin