IGNORED

Lynx HSC April 2011 Batman Returns

Oh no! Batman Returns! Wait, that's a good thing. Get Gotham City free of criminals and post a high score while you're at it. This round ends April 30 at 11:59pm Pacific.

Final High Scores:
zoltan - 100,700
PFG 9000 - 89,700
doctorclu - 51,700
tempest2k - 44,200
roadrunner - 16,900

Edited by roadrunner

46,600 now. Tough game, but lots of fun.

And as always, play it on a laptop with Handy for a bigger screen and a USB controller and you have the feel of a Sega Genesis or something along those lines. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dscf4996.jpg

Wow, this game is really, really tough. Very cheap too. You're so busy leaping around trying to dodge all the projectiles and hit the enemies that it feels more like a Bruce Lee movie than Batman Returns.

WTF??? How you done this?

WTF??? How you done this?

-Use the acid vials on the guys who roll bombs at you.

-You can rack up points on the motorcycle skelton guys. Listen for their approach and throw a Batarang at them as soon as they appear on the screen.

-During the stretch with the women who throw knives at you, there will almost always be an upper ledge that you can jump to. Use it to avoid their knives, because ducking won't get you low enough to not get hit.

-When you get to the exploding storefront, crouch behind the mailbox to shield yourself from the blast, but make sure you're squarely behind it or the blast will still hurt you.

-Try crouching or jumping up behind each lamp post. A few of them have power-ups hidden there.

I haven't even made it to the end of the first stage. You'd think this would be a really short game with just four levels, but the ultra-cheap difficulty makes it unlikely I'll ever see the end.

Edited by PFG 9000

• 3 weeks later...

No HSC thread for May, and no post since the third week of April.. I'm guessing the Lynx HSC is no more?

Don't know about that. Suggest a game!! I suggested Batman and that is how the this game happened. I am fairly played up on Batman though so ready for a new game.

So what game would you like to see?

No HSC thread for May, and no post since the third week of April.. I'm guessing the Lynx HSC is no more?

Don't know about that. Suggest a game!! I suggested Batman and that is how the this game happened. I am fairly played up on Batman though so ready for a new game.

So what game would you like to see?

Hm.. interesting way of doing things. I suggest Rygar! :)