IGNORED

Odyssey 2 good price or not?

Sputnik

I found a Magnavox Odyssey 2 for 20.00 near were I live and it is in great condition with all the hook-ups and a few games. I have money to spare right now but not much. Is this a good price for this item? Also is the Odyssey 2 a good console.(I never owned one) What are some Pro's and Con's about it? What are your thoughts on the console?

Sure, it's not a bad price if it's in great condition with a few starter games.

It's a very simplistic system, but has charm. I have a nearly complete NTSC O2 collection, all boxed, and it has a few good games but honestly, I have it more for collectibility than to actually play. To me, the 2600 or anything after is more fun to play.

But be sure to get Monkeyshines, KC Munchkin, KC's Krazy Chase, those are some standout games for it.

That's a good deal if it works. You would pay almost that much just for shipping if you bought it on the internet. I've got about 40 games for mine and I've only found about 4 games that I really liked a lot. KC's Krazy Chase, Labyrinth, Killer Bees, and Smithereens. I imagine there are more good games out there since I have not tried them all yet.

Odyssey 2 pros/cons okay!,

PROS

System is pretty reliable, and sturdy.

Joysticks don't break easily, and are very easy on the hands!

Easy console to collect for, and most decent games are common and not in demand. (eBay) (internet sites)

No graphic flickering or slowdown at all!

Graphics big and clear and smooth.

The good games, are VERY good games.

There's board/video game hybrids that are worth

buying... Quest for Rings, Wall Street.

CONS

Graphics can be considered very minimal and plain (mostly blocks).

Humble game library (less then 100 games)

Too many of Odyssey 2's 70's games, are really simple/bland (generic) and the sports are often 2 player only.

I'd say go for it! Buy, if you collect old school systems/computers. :thumbsup:

The cheapest you can find one on ebay with games is about $25 with shipping.

So, this would be a pretty nice price, and you say its in good shape.

The best games are

U.F.O., TURTLES, PICK AXE PETE, FREEDOM FIGHTERS, KC MUNCHKIN, KC CRAZY CHASE, ATTACK OF THE TIMELORD, THE QUEST FOR THE RINGS (BEST WITH 2 OR MORE PLAYERS), ATLANTIS, DEMON ATTACK, KILLER BEES, MONKEY SHINES, ACROBATS, PACHINKO, DYNASTY, SMITHEREENS (TWO PLAYER ONLY).