IGNORED

Mushroom Wars

Mendon

Oh man.... I purchased Mushroom War's a loooooong time ago (had to be over a year) when it was first offered on PSN and really enjoyed the game.

I had a look today at the latest PSN update and what do I find: Mushroom War's DLC!! Online add-on and three more add-on's!! I was really, really surprised to see this as I had completely forgotten about the game and had even deleted it from my HD. Now I'm going to re-download the game, give it another play, and see if maybe the DLC is worthwhile.

Just curious if anyone else has tried Mushroom War's and were you surprised to see DLC available for it?

Mendon

Hadn't heard of it till just now.

Looks like it got pretty decent reviews back in the day:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1038151p1.html

There is no story or plot to focus on within Mushroom Wars; instead, all you need to know is that you are the orange mushroom kingdom, and you'll face off against up to three rival kingdoms that want to conquer your lands. To defeat them, you'll need to capture neutral villages to augment your forces; armory points to improve your soldiers; and defensive towers to fend off incoming attacks. This is done with a basic set of controls. You hold the R1 button to direct your troops to a particular location.

I enjoy RTS games a lot. Based on the video's this looks simple but pretty intense.

Sort of a Risk type of game... you generate troops and then deploy them to take over and then defend towers. When your army numbers increase enough that you feel your existing towers are well defended, you invade enemy towers. You also upgrade towers with defensive capabilities to help fend off invading armies. You win when you control all the towers, much like winning in Risk by controlling all the countries.

Can get hectic at times, easy controls, some strategy involved. I enjoyed the game and the fact that you can now go online to battle three other people really opens the game up.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

• 2 weeks later...