IGNORED

Vectrex Rules...

akator

Last weekend we had some family here, including a 9-year-old and a 17-year-old. I pulled out a Vectrex with a multicart, plugged in the second controller, and waited to see how things would work out. They loved it. Neither had ever seen vector graphics, and even though both were well-equipped with a DS each... they played Vectrex for hours. Even the following day, they continued at it. I was also extremely pleased that they followed my instructions to treat it well.

I was pleasantly shocked at how much they enjoyed the Vectrex. I always wondered if it was something only people who originally experienced vector graphics would appreciate, i.e., someone from the 80s. But no, they loved it and the "special" graphics. I can't believe how many hours they played it instead of their DS'es.

Yet another story for the coffers about how old stuff appeals to even the current generation ;)

<edit> It was especially cool to see the 17-year-old playing Scramble for a few hours. Goes to show what an awesome game that was. </edit>

Edited by akator