IGNORED

Playstation Plus

moycon

I looked at Playstation Plus last night. There's definitely no reason for me personally to ever pay $50 for it. At least the old but popular games that I never wanted are free forever. I CAN however download lots of PS+ games like Sonic 2 and try them for 30 days before they die on me. I wonder when the free movie thing is gonna happen.

I agree but I'm going to wait and see. If there is a variety of free games every week I might as well spend 50 bucks on PS+ then on a new release I probably wont play for a while.

They list a few free games every week it seems and if its significant I'll stay onboard. Getting Sonic 2 and this weird but fun mini Octopus game (The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character) was rather nice. :P

From what I've seen you have to grab things when they appear because certain games do not remain free and revert back to a price. Oddworld Abes Exodus has been free forever. Annoying, I wish they would seperate the permanent free games from the weekly ones.

I am/was it is worth it if your gonna actually buy things I earned my money back in savings pretty quick.

I was a member because I sold my ps3 over this recent security debacle. But now I see it could happen to nintendo and MS. These guys need to get serious about security and customer service!

For anyone who signed up here is July's free game list and plus member discounts:

PlayStation Plus Releases (free)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Mar 1 – June 14

Streets of Rage 2: June 14 –July 12

Golden Axe 2: July 12 – August 9

Comix Zone: August 9 – September 6

Altered Beast: September 6 – October 4

Regular PlayStation Store Release ($4.99 each)

Streets of Rage 2 – June 26

Golden Axe 2 – July 26

Comix Zone – August 23

Altered Beast – September 20

I found out its monthly. So every month you add more free games to your "collection" and the discounts apply for the full month to games you want to buy and own. Looks like Sonic 2 made the list 2 months in a row....seems like some games are up every month. I'm probably going to stay on for the full year and see how many free games I accumulate in 12 months.

Edited by cimerians

For anyone who signed up here is July's free game list and plus member discounts:

PlayStation Plus Releases (free)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Mar 1 – June 14

Streets of Rage 2: June 14 –July 12

Golden Axe 2: July 12 – August 9

Comix Zone: August 9 – September 6

Altered Beast: September 6 – October 4

Regular PlayStation Store Release ($4.99 each)

Streets of Rage 2 – June 26

Golden Axe 2 – July 26

Comix Zone – August 23

Altered Beast – September 20

So Sega is selling the games that they included in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, but for a *lot* more money, and not on physical media. Then Sony sees this and concludes that we need an entire month filled up with nothing but these?

So Sega is selling the games that they included in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, but for a *lot* more money, and not on physical media.

They have been doing that for a while after the Ultimate collection came out. Xbox Live, Steam, Green Man gaming. Its a rip I agree but kind of cool for people who dont want the whole disk or dont want physical media for these games and want to play them on the fly.

Still it is what it is.

So Sega is selling the games that they included in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, but for a *lot* more money, and not on physical media. Then Sony sees this and concludes that we need an entire month filled up with nothing but these?

cimerians did not copy and paste the entire post from the PS Blog. There's plenty of other stuff in the program coming up (though none of the June stuff interests me, unfortunately). See the original post for the details. You can click on the "playstation plus" post tag on the right side of that page to check out the older offers in the program, including what's currently still on offer from prior updates.

The discounts are what interest me more than the free games, but that's because I don't intend to continue with the program. Discounts are things you can keep once you leave the program. Speaking of which, all the Neo Geo games, for both PSP and PS3, have PS+ discounts still.

onmode-ky