IGNORED

For SEGA CD unit, what is everthing required to setup with Model 1 Genesis?

OldSchoolRetroGamer

I have a model 1 Sega Genesis. I want a Sega CD and I am assuming the 2nd version (the one that sits side by side with the Genesis) will be the easier model to find? What is everything required to hook up and play a Sega CD unit with a model 1 Sega Genesis? I see various things listed in Ebay auctions but I want to be certain I obtain every cord, connector etc necessary, thanks in advance.

I have a model 1 Sega Genesis. I want a Sega CD and I am assuming the 2nd version (the one that sits side by side with the Genesis) will be the easier model to find? What is everything required to hook up and play a Sega CD unit with a model 1 Sega Genesis? I see various things listed in Ebay auctions but I want to be certain I obtain every cord, connector etc necessary, thanks in advance.

The only cord or piece that is necessary for it to work is the AC Adapter for it. Everything else is not mandatory.

If you want a complete set up for the model 1 Genesis you need the metal plates that attach to the bottom of the Genesis to snap it hard in place to the Sega CD, there is a piece to extend the bottom of the Sega CD model 2 so that the model 1 doesn't hang over the side of it (as the model 2 wasn't as wide) and the power cable.

All you have to have is the power cabel, but I would want the entire console with all its parts so I thought I would give you the full run down as I remember it.

Ax has one for sale

I know you like to deal with Ax and he has a lot of stuff for sale for the CD, he says he might be willing to break it up, give him a try.

If you want to get stereo sound out of a model one genesis with either model sega cd you need the audio mixing cord. Its just a cord with headphone plugs on both ends that you run from the headphone port on the genesis to the mixing port on the sega cd. I cant remeber for sure but i think you also need the cord to hear all the sound and music from sega cd games.

1. Standard Genesis model 1 or Atari Jaguar AC adapter will work fine with model 2 Sega CD unit

2. Metal connector plates (2 required) are a must. These stabilize the CD unit to the Genesis console during use.

3. Optional stereo mixing cable that plugs from the headphone output jack on the front of the Genesis console to an input port on the back of the Sega CD. These are easily obtained at a local Radio Shack store.

That is the complete list. Happy gaming with your Sega CD!