IGNORED

Vectrex Joystick interlacing

SnapCraft

Here's a problem I haven't seen on the boards:

When using the test cart (or Kelly's cart :) ), I can't go up/down on Joy1. Joy2 makes Joy1 go up and down when Joy2 is moved in a circular motion.

The joysticks are fine. It's something on the base board. I re-soldered the 9-pin joy ports. Nothing.

Suggestions?

When I first got this I had the semi-famous super bright dot in the middle of the screen with the "webbing" and horizontal lines for text (no, it wasn't the brightness knob). I did the tip of replacing with a Vic-20 6522 chip and it worked. Only to discover the sound didn't work.

I noticed one of my re-caps was on backwards :roll: , fixed it and now have sound!

I can't give up now. This baby is almost back to life! Please help!

Left/right joystick is on pin 6

Up/Down is on pin 5.

So check connections to those pins. And also pin 7 (+5V) and pin 9 (-5V) which are connected to the joystick.

Sorry maybe a silly question, how do you know that your joysticks are fine?

If I remember rightly, if there is only one joystick connected, one of the graphic boxes will light up for the other joystick because of pull up resistors inside the Vectrex. I believe that was stated in the service guide or trouble shooting guide.