IGNORED

PSN Outage

SpiceWare

I got my 2 ps3 games within about 2 hours, lbp and wipout.

The thing with the psp games is that I had a different account for my psp before, and I put in a fake birthday, because I was under 18, so now, I can't remember it. If I activate my psp with my current account, my games will not work anymore.

so, dissidia and mgspo, or killzone and lbp. I think I will stick with my Old games... :(

I waited till Sunday night to do my download of InFamous and it took three hours which I guess is not bad for a 7 gigabyte file. What I'm curious about is, the whole game is only 7 gigabytes? I wonder if they trimmed anything out to make it that size. Not that 7 gigs is small but considering the capacity of PS3 discs, I find it hard to believe the retail disc version of InFamous is only 7 gigs in size. Did they cut out lots of intro movies maybe?

I waited till Sunday night to do my download of InFamous and it took three hours which I guess is not bad for a 7 gigabyte file. What I'm curious about is, the whole game is only 7 gigabytes? I wonder if they trimmed anything out to make it that size. Not that 7 gigs is small but considering the capacity of PS3 discs, I find it hard to believe the retail disc version of InFamous is only 7 gigs in size. Did they cut out lots of intro movies maybe?

Don't BD units run at 2x speed? I think those discs contain multiple copies of the game because of that. Otherwise you'd have poor loading times.

I was under the impression they installed to the hard drive so they didn't have to deal with load times. The Little Big Planet download was only 2.2GB. These games don't have any more depth than your typical 360 game. The graphics aren't any better either. Sony just wanted to win the next optical disc war and it worked.

I was under the impression they installed to the hard drive so they didn't have to deal with load times. The Little Big Planet download was only 2.2GB. These games don't have any more depth than your typical 360 game. The graphics aren't any better either. Sony just wanted to win the next optical disc war and it worked.

That's true, you're right. One thing that confuses me, though, is Record of Agarest War. That game was 9.5 (or something) GBs to download off of the PS store, but it was also on the 360. I'm not sure about 360 DVDs, but can't they only hold about 7 GBs of data?

My brother owns that game on the 360, and I can't really tell any difference between the two.

Edited by Rikkarr

My brother owns that game on the 360, and I can't really tell any difference between the two.

From what I understand, some PS3 games in the past have been very large in file size (Metal Gear) but it was mainly because of the optional un-compressed 7.1 soundtrack, and the loooong 1080p HD cut-scenes. Maybe this explains why the Record of Agarest War takes up so much space on PS3? Just speculation.

I don't know if anyone heard but the network got hacked again last week. Even if I had a PS3 I would not even think of going on their network until they get all their security issues fixed. I wonder if they are ever going to use a more modern version of apache. According to what I heard they were using very early were talking before version 1.0 before they got hacked the first time around.