IGNORED

"touch-me" on Ebay.

gulag picture radio

I checked out the "touch-me" cabinet that's up for auction here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1946478650

The description mentions that the game wasn't released, but I distinctly remember it from my childhood. My family and I used to go to this clinic in Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin and stay at the adjoining hotel. They had this tiny snack shop there, and a few games.

This would have been in the mid seventies sometime, and I remember them only having one or two video games and they were black and white- seem to remember a combat-type game. Anyway, they had the "Simon" like game called "Touch-me" and I remember it looking like the cabinet that's for sale on Ebay.

If the Atari version wasn't released, could it have been a bootleg or a rip off or something? I'm insanely curious for no good reason... Thanks for any info!

I saw that auction also .. and wondered the same thing .. I've read on the internet that Touch Me was released into the arcades.

Later Touch Me was a handheld .. and then Atari released Brain Games for the 2600 which has Touch Me as one game. (All this predates Simon by several years.)

That suggests that Atari was building games based on a trademarked name.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA