IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped SPECIAL ROUND!

Austin

My cousins Beebris score

Complaint about controls on the Beebris game. When the pieces are near the sides the game will sometimes register the pressing of the rotate button twice. This will also happen more frequently as the game gets faster at any position and not just near the sides. Around level 9 hitting the rotate button once cause the piece to rotate then spin back to its original position. It was a game killer. Please look into it.

post-3107-0-10705000-1305334542_thumb.jpg

Edited by JagChris
  • Like 2

Complaint about controls on the Beebris game. When the pieces are near the sides the game will sometimes register the pressing of the rotate button twice. This will also happen more frequently as the game gets faster at any position and not just near the sides. Around level 9 hitting the rotate button once cause the piece to rotate then spin back to its original position. It was a game killer. Please look into it.

It's a throwback to the 25 year old ST code I ported it from (which I also wrote, so yes, thats my fault) - I wanted it to get more "twitchy" as it went up in levels. Probably not my greatest "game design achievement" :)

It's not going to get changed, at least not by us. The Beebris project is "done and dusted" and we've moved on to other things. The source code is available on our site if anyone else would like to play around with it though :)

• Like 2

Alright, it's about time I jump into the fray...

Downfall - 15329

Beebris - 12322

Superfly DX - 42353

Considering my Superfly DX score compared to everyone else's...everyone is playing Hunter - Up Through The Magma - Stage 1, right? And we're counting the distance instead of the number of pickups?

post-1210-0-92302700-1305348697_thumb.jpg

post-1210-0-31792600-1305348708_thumb.jpg

post-1210-0-43305900-1305348716_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Downfall - 15329

Beebris - 12322

Superfly DX - 42353

:o

Nice scores man!!

Considering my Superfly DX score compared to everyone else's...everyone is playing Hunter - Up Through The Magma - Stage 1, right? And we're counting the distance instead of the number of pickups?

Yep, you got it. :)

Went ahead and gave Beebris another shot.. This may be my last one for it, it's kind of laggy on the controls (I'm guessing due to the emulation) and once it gets up to a certain speed, it's pretty difficult to handle. I thought it was smooth sailing so far and I was going to get an even higher score, but all of a sudden everything went out of control, haha..

14,140 :)

post-24675-0-15705200-1305355453_thumb.jpg

Went ahead and gave Beebris another shot.. This may be my last one for it, it's kind of laggy on the controls (I'm guessing due to the emulation) and once it gets up to a certain speed, it's pretty difficult to handle. I thought it was smooth sailing so far and I was going to get an even higher score, but all of a sudden everything went out of control, haha..

14,140 :)

post-24675-0-15705200-1305355453_thumb.jpg

The situation with the controls was explained about 5 posts back ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...