IGNORED

Storm from Mastertronic ... working copy?

I am not sure if it's my mind, but I am almost certain that my tape from Mastertronic with the game Storm, didn't have the buggy picture on the opening screen. Can anyone point to a good working copy or tell me I am wrong? I remember trying to copy this game from tape to disk and fail.

Thanks

I am not sure if it's my mind, but I am almost certain that my tape from Mastertronic with the game Storm, didn't have the buggy picture on the opening screen. Can anyone point to a good working copy or tell me I am wrong? I remember trying to copy this game from tape to disk and fail.

Thanks

Hmm,

what buggy picture do you mean ?!? Think there once was a collection of movie-pictures (made with Computereyes or converted from another computer) that showed pics. from movies like "Gone with the Wind", "Indiana Jones", "Rambo", etc. and also a "Conan" picture. This Gr. 15 Conan picture was later taken as the title picture for Storm. Maybe you can find a copy of Storm with this title picture at Fandal`s site or at atarionline.pl or at Homesoft`s site or simply use the Gr. 15 pic (attachment below) and add it to the game yourself...

Besides, I have had dozens of original tapes of "Storm" by Mastertronic and none of them included this title picture, so I am not sure if it was an official release or if only the file-version (by some hacker/cracker) included this title picture. There was also a Gr. 15 picture with a -mostly green- magician available in the PD libraries, this one was later used as the loading title for Druid (again, not sure if officially or only the hacked/cracked file-version). From time to time hackers removed title screens from games which had them, but from time to time they also added them to games which did not have them - using pics. from PD libraries (and/or converted pics. from other computers)... maybe the guys at atarimania know more about Storm and Druid with/without title-picture...

Attached the pics here:

G15PIC02 - shows the original Gr. 15 Conan picture...

G15PIC10 - shows the original Gr. 15 magician picture...

G15PIC18 - shows the Storm and Druid pictures (some kind of deja-vue)

Greetings, Andreas Koch.

P.S.: There is also another Druid picture for the A8 available, which is similar to the one used on the C64 (and probably other computer platforms), at least I do remember a MCS picture by emkay and maybe one or two similar pictures by other authors showing more than the standard four colours...

storm_druid_pics.zip

that's why I wrote "could be" ;)

You missed my poor attempt at sarcasm, as in the way most newbies when hearing there's a game possibly being made always expect it to be finished the day after it being talked about let alone if the person is even doing it or not..