IGNORED

I paid a visit to an old friend (Pac-Man) this weekend.

WilsonCat

I was in NYC this weekend to do my yearly Christmas trek. My wife and I usually go and see a broadway show, Rockefeller Center and then go to our favorite Italian resteraunt in Little Italy (Paesano of Mulberry St. http://www.littleitalynyc.com/paesano ) for some dinner.

Last year I sold my Pac-Man upright to a guy on ebay. The guy came and picked it up at my apartment. This was my first arcade game so it was a little special to me. But, I had just picked up a Coctail Ms. Pac and restored it so that was my main focus. It slapped in a Multipac and it was complete. I figured that I didn't need the Pac UR any more so off to ebay it went. When the guy came to pick it up he told me that he owned an arcade in Times Square and that this is where the game was headed. Well, this weekend was the first time I had a chance to get there. Pac-Man (which has a Jr. Pac board in it) was there. The game had a bit more wear then it did when I sold it, but what do you expect from an arcade in Times Square. The joystick (which was original and in great condition) was replaced with a large ugly black stick. I didn't get to play it (50 cents!), but I said hello and left.

Thinking back...I should have kept it. It wont last much longer in that environment and I was a bit sad to see the wear on the kick plate, CP and coin door. :sad:

If you are ever in NYC, stop by Laser Park (http://lazerpark.com/1.html) and check it out. He's got some great classics there (Tron, Millipede, Mr. Do!, Centipede, DK Jr.).

Merry Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...

There are several arcades in New York that have classic games. Of course those that are in high profile areas are going to get lots of use and therefore will break down over time.

Myself, I would have kept the arcade game because I have never owned one and once I do get one (if ever), I will keep it until it is completely dead and can not be repaired.

Sorry to hear that you had to see the game with all that wear and tear. No doubt that looking at it after having sold it brought back memories and it must have been sad to have seen it in the condition that it was.