IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Well if you look it up they talk about calibrating the laser I believe. It had to do w/taking a very tiny screw driver and turning a red piece. I pretty much screwed up a dreamcast. It is not completely destroyed but I seen I was completely breaking it and stopped and I barely touched it. It is VERY delicate. Just in case you do tinker, tinker lightly.

P.S. He says to rember to tip your garbage and mail men for the holidays...

My garbage man and mail man sucks balls. I wouldn't tip any of them with your own money. The garbage truck pricks are always dropping trash out in street and not cleaning it up. Mail man not picking up scheduled priority packages and losing packages. They should be the ones tipping the community for their freaking mistakes.

Snagged this TI 99/4A lot off craigslist. The seller was a former TI employee who got this stuff from the company store or from having used it at work. Some of it is still in original boxes, there are several sales receipts or property passes, and the printer has a Spreadsheet printout that looks like TI work product. The pictures with just the labels are boxes that are still sealed.

TI 99/4A Computer console (looks unused)

TI Expansion System with interface card cable, RS233 card, floppy drive and controller.

TI-900 Video Modulator in original box

TI Wire Remote Control (joysticks) in box

In sealed boxes:

TI Editor / Assembler

TI Logo II

TI MULTIPLAN

TI-Writer Word Processor

Complete in box:

TI-Personal Report Generator

TI-Multiplication Education

TI-Division I

TI-Early Learning

TI-Chisholm Trail (Arcade Entertainment)

TI-Munchman (Arcade Entertainment)

Tunnels Of Doom

Plato Interpreter

Plato Courseware (High School grades 9 -- 12) Skills Mathematics

1. Special Topics

2. Basic Number Ideas 2

3. Math Sentences In One Variable 1

4. Math Sentences In One Variable 2

post-42103-0-69012400-1452660854_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-13706100-1452660879_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-10996800-1452660902_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-86719800-1452660933_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-12927200-1452660977_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-32130700-1452661042_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-08961200-1452661072_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-21142200-1452661087_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-89623000-1452661102_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-81935800-1452661118_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mitkraft
  • Like 5

That's pretty interesting. I just youtubed armour force and vex. Vex is like a tetris and armour force is a space shooting guy lol. It's on the gameplay quality of original Gameboy. I would nab if I seen at a yardsale or thrift cheap but probably not buy outright.

Armour force is a nice game. But due to the ghosting of the screen it's hard to play, just like the gameboy.

Seems like this threat is plodding along... hard to find games these days. Friggin' sharks! Doesn't mean great deals aren't out there.

* Wii U Black (with: Controller [a scratch-free screen], 2 WiiMote Plus'es, 2 Gamecube type plug-in Zelda "Link" controllers, both ACs, loose Mario Cart 8)

$140

* 3DS XL (bare)

$60

...and my steal of 2015.

* PS3 Super-Slim with 500GB (bare)

$30!

• Like 2

post-40273-0-16934400-1453086724_thumb.jpg

While on vacation my Dad and I were going through some thrift stores. He was accidentally walking in the "employees only" section and spotted these. They weren't priced so we had to come back a few days later when the person who priced them came in. $25 for all. Everything is in pretty good shape and the SNES Box is in amazing shape. Every thing is in original bags and the controller has never been used/cord unwound. I don't own SMW + All Stars so looking forward to playing it with the different Luigi sprite and jump.

post-40273-0-74491500-1453087270_thumb.jpg

On the back it says 9/11/96 as the purchase date.

post-40273-0-74655400-1453086787_thumb.jpg

Picked this up at a retro gaming store. Seemed too good of a deal to pass up for a Famicom converter $12.99. It says Konami on it.

post-40273-0-00532600-1453086740_thumb.jpg

Brother in law got this from the trash. Odd collection of stuff. Dreamcast and cords, Saturn controller, GBC gameshark, all in a Gamegear bag...

• Like 2

Seems like this threat is plodding along... hard to find games these days.

I don't think this thread is limited to just game finds, it's hard to find just about anything good these days =/

I did find a jewelled copy of Magic Carpet Plus the other day, though B) Always wanted to try that game, but never got around to it.

I don't think this thread is limited to just game finds, it's hard to find just about anything good these days =/

I did find a jewelled copy of Magic Carpet Plus the other day, though B) Always wanted to try that game, but never got around to it.

I have fond memories of playing Magic Carpet when I was younger. The game was fun anf graphics were good for the time but the standout was the sound. I just loved the sound.

There is still stuff out there to be found.

Are you in the SW PA area, or are you long gone and remain a Steelers Fan? I gave up around here about four years ago as thrifts, etc became dry as a bone. Sometimes I get a good deal at the Exchange if I am there at the right time, but I am generally not looking for collectables... just stuff I want to watch or play.

Are you in the SW PA area, or are you long gone and remain a Steelers Fan? I gave up around here about four years ago as thrifts, etc became dry as a bone. Sometimes I get a good deal at the Exchange if I am there at the right time, but I am generally not looking for collectables... just stuff I want to watch or play.

No I don't live in PA. I just grew up as a military brat rooting for them.

Well Walmart had these 4' tall storm troopers and Vaders before Thanksgiving for like $125 or so. A few weeks ago they dropped them down to $99. I still didn't bite, now they are $49! I had to get my boys a storm trooper. It was a toss up on whether to get the trooper or vader. These things are taller than they are LOL. They will be 3 in may.

Only thing is they don't make sounds. I assumed batteries are dead but in description is says no batteries? I will have to look it over, it has to take batteries if it makes sounds.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/46444224?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227034305856&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=74064451472&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=143962137152&veh=sem

post-25078-0-84196400-1453761853_thumb.jpg

These are my finds from the past month'ish.

January 2016 Finds

January 2016 Finds

January 2016 Finds

January 2016 Finds

The front two rows is stuff that I got in London during the first full week of this year, and the last week of last year.

For the Nintendo DS, I got the following for around
£9 from UK video game chain store called GAME:
- Golden Balls

- Doctor Who Top Trumps

- Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle

From a store in London called Retro Game Base, I got the following for
around £12:
- Tetris for CDi

- N64 Passport

- Nintendo security bit (not pictured)

As for the two books, I got the signed copy of "Terrible Old Games You Probably Never Heard Of" from a store called Forbidden Planet for £10. The Shakespeare Doctor Who book came from Shakespeare's birthplace shop for £10.

Moving back to state side, in order by row of when they were acquired. (Except for the Amiibo).

The following PlayStation games I got for $1 apiece
from a local charity thrift shop:

- NASCAR Racing

- NASCAR 99

- Goin' Quackers

From the same shop, I got the following
two Xbox games for $2 apiece:

- NASCAR Thunder 2003

- Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio Future Combo

Again from the same shop, I got the
The Legendary Starfy for Nintendo DS for $1. The loose DVD copy of Space Balls for 25 cents. Symphonic Rock American Classics CD for $1. Then finally the Top Gun soundtrack for $1. (The Top Gun CD itself is in my car stereo right now.)

The Amiibo is the retro coloring 30th Anniversary Mario from GameStop.

Moving to stuff from last week, which is also the good stuff.

On Tuesday, I got the white original Vita from GameStop for $140. Inside the Vita is a new 16gb memory card I got for $20 from GameStop. Lastly from GameStop, I got Persona 4 Golden for Vita for $18. The Vita branded carrying case came from Walmart at the marked down price of $11.

Then there are yesterday's finds. For $60, I got the the top loader NES and the Atari 5200 with box and 4 controllers. The 5200 still has the factory clear plastic covering the metal part. As for the NES, I only have the console at the moment but will be getting the dog bone controller and the power adapter when it is found.

Edited by nightwheel

Seems like this threat is plodding along... hard to find games these days. Friggin' sharks! Doesn't mean great deals aren't out there.

* Wii U Black (with: Controller [a scratch-free screen], 2 WiiMote Plus'es, 2 Gamecube type plug-in Zelda "Link" controllers, both ACs, loose Mario Cart 8)

$140

* 3DS XL (bare)

$60

...and my steal of 2015.

* PS3 Super-Slim with 500GB (bare)

$30!

$30 for a 500gb super slim is an absolute steal. :) congrats!

$30 for a PS3 that works is a killer deal, even if the hard drive ended up being dead.

One thing Sony has been good about with the PS3 and now the PS4. Is with how easy it is to replace and upgrade their hard drives, especially since they use user accessible standard 2.5in drives.

Edited by nightwheel
  • Like 1