IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

old poloroid 600. appearently you can still buy film for these 1.00

You can, but the sticker shock will give you a coronary. It's what, 50 cents, a dollar per picture? And that doesn't count those one-use flashbars they love so much.

There's a good reason why ignoring digital photography for so long really screwed Polaroid over. They're now relegated to the novelty photography category (leave a few cameras out at a party for people to take random pictures). The only thing Polaroid has any more that anyone really wants is large format (like 2x3 feet) film for pros, and that's not enough to keep them in business.

While it's not part of my regular gaming setup, 25" color television with RCA jacks on the back for input, $40 after taxes. And my friend picked up Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II for the Genesis, boxed and complete, and one even had an unlock code written down inside it!

Southern Ohio on the River. Not only that I went to an auction last night and got:

A working Platnium Gamecube with hook-ups $5

A box full of circa 1960 1970 board games (Monopoly, Scrabble, Diplomacy, Aggravation. Therapy and Dungeons and Dragons Board Game) $2

A box full of Dean Koontz Books $1

Two really old books 1873 and 1902 copyrights. $1

An entire set of kitchen cabinets and a kitchen sink $5

(I am serious I bought everything including the Kitchen sink! And didn't spend more than $35)

ohhhh man did I get a good find today at a local flea market.

Itellivision III "Super Pro System" in brown box. The mail order kind. Box is beat up but the unit is mint.

30 games, including Pole Position and a couple other favorites, mostly uncommon since I fished out the very common ones. Almost all had two overlays and the manual, but no boxes.

Splatterhouse 2 for the Genesis

NES:

Castlevania 1 and 3

Metroid

Captain Skhawk

Werewolf

Snakes Revenge

Gradius

Atari 7800 with 6 games in the box.

2 Genesis controllers

All for 25 dollars from one vendor.

SWEEET!

Wow, those are some good scores! :cool:

I did pretty good myself today. I picked up a NES with two controllers, two NES MAX Controllers, one Zapper, a power brick and rf out cable. It also came with eighteen games.

Baseball Stars-in sleeve with manual

Super Mario Bros 3-in sleeve with manual

Castlevania-in sleeve with manual

Tetris (Nintendo version)-in sleeve with manual

Metal Gear-in sleeve with manual

Double Dragon III-in sleeve

Gauntlet II-in sleeve

Wizardry-in sleeve with the adventurer's guide

Ice Hockey-in sleeve

X-Men-in sleeve with manual

Contra-in sleeve with manual

Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf-in plastic rental box with manual

Jack Nicklaus' Greatest 18 Holes Of Major Championship Golf-in plastic rental box

Tecmo Bowl-in plastic rental bax

Jeopardy!-in plastic rental box

Batman-loose

Ninja Gaiden-loose

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt-loose

All for $25.00! :D

Now I don't need to play on an emulator so often to get my NES fix!

P.S. I also got a Game Genie with a code book!

Edited by MCHufnagel

Well, it was a quite a while ago, but I found a D.A.V. thrift near my house I had never seen before. They have the usual 10 Sega Genesis sports games :) but in a corner next to sewing machines ??? there was an Atari 5200 4-port in battered box. I ask to look at it, has the console, RF, AC, 2 joysticks, a couple catalogs, and Q-Bert....Price $50.00. I knew nothing about 5200 at that time....so I said no thanks and left.....

Went back a month later, the 5200 is still there...I talk to the clerks very directly and tell them they'll never sell it at that price, would they settle for $25.00. they agree.

Works absolutely perfect...

I found out later that in my town 5200's go for $90.00+ with no guarantees....

Went to a flea market in Shawano, WI this weekend, found a complete Odyssey 400 system for $10. Sure it's nothing really special, but the price was fair and it's not everyday you see Odyssey pongs at fleas/thrifts/etc., especially in these parts. :)

They also had an NES, an N64, and a bunch of games for each, as well as old issues of EGM and GamePro, and an assortment of controllers (NES Advantage, Master System trackball, etc).

Got my first Atari System today actually a Sears Tele-Game. I think its a 2600. It doesn't have the power cord or the TV hook-up so I can't test it. It also came with a TV Scarebaord game from Radio Shack I'm so dumb about Atari I thought it was part of the system.

Anyways I was able to talk the guy down from $5 for the whole lot to $2.50 (because it dint have the hook-ups and I couldn't test it)

I also got a Suikoden 2 Strategy guide for .50 from the same guy

2 N64 Controllers for $4.50

Super Mario 3 for 4.99

Startropics 2: Zoda's Revenge 3.50

A Super Joystick Dreamcast Shaped game for 2.50

I pretty much search Thrift stores and Flea Markets everyday looking for games to add to my collection and sell to get the games I want. :)

Edited by rasone77

Over the past week:

Toshiba Nuon DVD player at pawn shop, $20 :)

Sears Super Pong IV at garage sale, $1

Inca for CD-i at Salvation Army, $1

Pile (about 20) of C64 games, tapes and floppies, mostly sealed and all boxed, at Goodwill, around $2 apiece.

Nothing earth shattering, but I've been looking for a Nuon for a long time...

Matt