IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Well, I went to a garage sale at lunch and picked up another great Genesis deal. It was a Model 1 without a power supply (why do these things always turn up missing) one 3-button controller and one Justifier gun (but without any games that use it). It also came with 19 games, all for $7.00!

Here are the games:

LOOSE

X-Men 2

Toy Story

EA Hockey

Sonic 3

Art Alive (does it require a mouse?)

BOXED

Spiderman-Complete

Dragon's Fury-Complete

Contra: Hard Corps-Complete

Mortal Kombat 3-Complete

Sonic 1

Madden '97

Sonic Spinball

Joe Montana Football

PGA Golf Tour II

Sword Of Vermillion

NBA Jam TE

Spiderman & Venom: Maximum Carnage

Spiderman & Venom: Seperation Anxity

NBA Action '95

Passed up a boxed Emerson Arcadia with 8 boxed games, for $10.00. I just might go back for that one.

Well, I went to a garage sale at lunch and picked up another great Genesis deal. It was a Model 1 without a power supply (why do these things always turn up missing)

I've found that, unless they package the whole system and games up, some places will separate the power supply and put it with the cables. And some will even separate the power supply despite packaging the rest of the system. :x

I've found that, unless they package the whole system and games up, some places will separate the power supply and put it with the cables. And some will even separate the power supply despite packaging the rest of the system. :x

A Game Crazy that I frequent had three Model 2 power supplies for sale. Yet all of the Genesis systems they had for sale had a power supply! But this was a garage sale, it's probably (wrongly) kept with someone's portable CD player.

A Game Crazy that I frequent had three Model 2 power supplies for sale. Yet all of the Genesis systems they had for sale had a power supply! But this was a garage sale, it's probably (wrongly) kept with someone's portable CD player.

Actually, since the Game Gear uses the same power supply as the Model 2 Genesis, I'd be willing to bet that they were once paired with Game Gears, only those units bit the dust before their power supplies did.

Well, I went to a garage sale at lunch and picked up another great Genesis deal. It was a Model 1 without a power supply (why do these things always turn up missing)

There is a Goodwill near me that separates everything whether it comes together or not. I hate going in there and seeing a NES for $8 then a NES P/S for $4, and the NES RF for $2. Ticks me off unless I happen to be in the market for just a P/S for something, which isn't often.

Passed up a boxed Emerson Arcadia with 8 boxed games, for $10.00. I just might go back for that one.

i would have passed on the sega if it were between the 2. you see sega systems every where

I just picked it up for the games. I'll get rid of the console after getting a power supply for it. You're right about the Genesis. It seems like this summer has been clearance time for Genesis owners. I've picked up about five total at garage sales. They are always bundled with games and you can't buy the games seperately, so I'm forced to to get the whole bundle. But I've sure picked up a lot of great games cheap this way (nearly free after selling the consoles and duplicate games).

And I've already decided to go back tomorrow for the Arcadia.

Actually, since the Game Gear uses the same power supply as the Model 2 Genesis, I'd be willing to bet that they were once paired with Game Gears, only those units bit the dust before their power supplies did.

I call 'em "yellow-tips". They run: the second generation Genesis and Sega CD, the Nomad, and the Game Gear. I have a Nomad and Game Gear in reach, and they share a power supply depending on what I'm playing at the time.

Picked up a Saturn with two gamepads, eight games plus a NiGHTS into Dreams sampler disc, and an RF adapter. None of the games were in their cases, and they've been pretty scratched up, but fortunately they all still play. No power cord, but that's a minimal loss since the Saturn takes a standard cord.

$10.

for free:

75 computer games all in cases

50 computer game demo's

1 legend of lagia ps1 demo

1 brick gameboy and tetris with hard case

vhs 1.00 each:

natural born killers

jurassic park

Tomy Blip hand held game w/ box 1.00

time soldiers with box 2.00

small james bond looking binoculars in case 2.00

smackdown just bring it mint for ps2 2.00

Some computer dealer must have taken a disliking to their Macintosh inventory, so I scored a bunch today at the Salvation Army store...

15 Apple ImageWriter II black ribbons (including 2 full case packs) -- 75¢ each ribbon

I can actually use these, as I have two ImageWriters.

Apple TV/Video System with remote control, complete in box $5

Apple Video System, sealed in box $5

Apple Presentation System, shrinkwrapped in box $10

Total + tax $31.39

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that those capture cards were VERY EXPENSIVE when they came out. There were a whole stack of them, all new in boxes, for $5 each. One of them can be put to good use in my Mac PowerPC, and I'm gonna go back next week and pick up the rest.

From garage sales on Friday.

Gold Gameboy Pocket

Sega Gamegear With Sonic Drift 2

Boxed Gamegear car adapter

Boxed Gamegear power Pack

2 Genesis P/S (I always need extras)

and this Baby.

U.S. made, Russian Mosin Nagant military rifle M91 made between 1915 and 1917.

All for $60.25

Edited by Wester

Hey there. This is my first post in this thread. So... here we go.

Yesterday:

Daikatana (PC) boxed: $3

Shivers (PC) sealed: $3

A Dell Dimension software package ($3). It has:

* Dell Dimension Resource CD

* Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (two sealed setup floppies, COA, license in torn bag, mint CD in sleeve)

* Windows Update Internet Pack CD, sealed

* Windows NT Service Pack 5 CD

* Norton Antivirus 2000 (Version 6) CD

* Microsoft Intellipoint software (floppy, sealed)

* Dell Ultrascan P780 Monitor Quick Setup CD + Manual

* Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (two discs, COA+Product Key)

* A huge book with info on the computer system, sealed.

Of course all of that is "For Distribution With a New Computer System Only"so I'm kinda stuck with it. This is the third copy of Office 2000 I now own, heh. I wonder if anyone wants this...

Today:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES, loose) - $2.50

Duck Tales (NES, loose) - $2.50

Duck Tales 2 (NES, loose) - $3

Wing Commander III (PC CD, discs only) - $3

Space Quest 1 (second release, almost complete, missing 3 1/2" floppies...) - $5

A weird SSI four game AD&D compilation - $1

Sorry about the size. How do you get them to thumbnail like I've seen in other posts?

typically you'll just upload the picture into the AA server, if you put the file up from a remote source, like say.. photobucket, then the pic will show up as the same size as the actual file

Use the "File Attachments" field, below the main post entry field.

Found an Atari 600XL with complete boxed Atari 1010 cassette drive and River Raid cartridge for $17 at Goodwill, along with an original Simon ($3) and a cool $2 Gravis PC joystick that I want to convert to 2600-compatibility, or maybe an alternative to the 5200 Wico.

Not really any steals, but cool stuff, I think!

BWT Wester, nice rifle! I must officially be a history geek now, because I actually knew what it was before I read the caption. :) Let us know if you find any Mausers or Lebels or Lee-Enfields!

Edited by BassGuitari

All loose Dreamcast find. Games not in cases, but a stack of them in a baggie. For $12.99, I got:

Tokyo Extreme Racer 1 and 2

Rippin Riders

Test Drive 6

Toy Commander

NHL2k

Gran Turismo 2 (Bleemcast)

Shenmue (appears to be complete, 3 discs plus "passport")

Episode I Podracer

Grand Theft Auto 2

Sonic Adventure

Ultimate Fighting Championship

Crazy Taxi

Web Browser Disc

Generator

9 Dreamcast Magazine discs

about 13 games and some other goodies, not a bad price I would think. They all work, too! :cool: Thanks Goodwill!

Edited by RickHarrisMaine

Sweet score on the Dreamcast stuff! I still love a lot of the games that came out for that system!

Around Genesis consoles are super common, the games less so. It's been a long time since I've seen an NES (or any games besudes the ones I picked up a few weeks ago). Nintendo stuff should be way more common. One thing I always have troule finding is NES PSU's. Without resorting to Ebay, anyone have ideas on where to get a replacement for cheap?

Sweet score on the Dreamcast stuff! I still love a lot of the games that came out for that system!

Around Genesis consoles are super common, the games less so. It's been a long time since I've seen an NES (or any games besudes the ones I picked up a few weeks ago). Nintendo stuff should be way more common. One thing I always have troule finding is NES PSU's. Without resorting to Ebay, anyone have ideas on where to get a replacement for cheap?

Get a 9VDC power supply that kicks out 1.2 amps, and you're all set.

Some Yamaha or Casio keyboard power supplies are electrically compatible, but I don't know if the plugs fit.

Most thrifts have a stack of PSU's anyway.

My finds this week? A handheld vac that didn't run when I got it home. :(

Oh well. I've had some good finds and some dry runs.

Use the "File Attachments" field, below the main post entry field.

AAAHH. Thanks!

BWT Wester, nice rifle! I must officially be a history geek now, because I actually knew what it was before I read the caption. :) Let us know if you find any Mausers or Lebels or Lee-Enfields!

Thanks, she's actually pretty rough, judging from some of the proof marks it's been an eventful life. I just couldn't let this piece of history pass me by for such a good price, I'll be cleaning her up soon and may actually use it to hunt this year.