IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Found some old Super Famicom games, which will go great with my Japanese Super Famicom (which I've never powered up because I didn't have the games). Does anyone know if it uses the same power as an American SNES (the power connectors are different, but that would be easy to fix). I just don't want to fry the thing.

Oh, and it should work on a regular TV since Japan also has NTSC, right?

Snes(Sfc) consoles and games are the same hardware, just different cases.

Both use 10V 0.850Amp. Something close should work fine, like 9V 1.0Amp.

Just make sure you get the tip the right polarity.

You could also get a Snes Game Genie for a buck or two, knock out the two tabs by the cart slot and play Sfc games on your Snes.

Better than taking a dremmel to the console :(

The problem is that they use that weird plug that nothing else ever used. So you pretty much have to get a genuine power brick, or one specifically manufactured as a replacement.

Found Tons of boxes of cofee in a roll away dumpster all new. but i only kept the boxes, there great for shipping. i got like 20.

also got these ps1 games for free from a friend.

NFL Blitz

WWF Warzone

Resident Evil 2

Delta Force

Tom Clancy's Rainbow six

Ecw Revolution

Ecw Anarchy rules

Ceasers palace

Medal of honor

Medal of honor underground

all have cases, some missing inst. But they were free.

also got Trauma center for ds today new. I have not seen it used so i swallowed my pride and bought it new, but it was 29.99

The problem is that they use that weird plug that nothing else ever used. So you pretty much have to get a genuine power brick, or one specifically manufactured as a replacement.

What's weird is that someone already modified the Super Famicom to take American carts - at least the slot was modified... I don't know about any lockout chips. the edge around the case is pretty beat up too, so it might have been opened to perform mods.

As for the plug in the back, I think that I'll open it and test it out with aligator leads first to see if it even works. If so, I'll put in some kind of new jack that's a little more reasonable. I've also got to try to find a Game Genie like you mention - heck, there might be one here in all these mounds and mounds of crap from over the years. Gotta rent a garage one of these days and do some sorting. :)

Cool! THanks for the advice, guys!

Nine Saturn games for $12 today. None came in longboxes, but a couple came in original (small) jewel case packaging, and another few other had cardboard sleeves that had been cut apart to make "fake" jewel case artwork. Several titles I already owned, but now I have Sonic 3D Blast, a couple new fighting games to play with, and a sampler disc.

Interestingly, one of the games came in the jewel case for the Japanese release of Dead or Alive. Sadly, the actual disc was something else, but now I have some interesting Japanese game documentation to "read."

I think the Japanese Saturn logo is much better than the American one.

Speaking of Saturn, I found one today for $10. It included one regular and one analog controller, but no games. I've got one already, but haven't seen one at the thrift for years (this is the third one I've ever seen...). The video signal rolls and is weak, so I suspect a broken solder joint inside somewhere.

I also found a 5200 for $10. I've only seen those once over the past 15 years and it was priced $40! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work - no power LED come on (and I got the whole package with the AC adapter and that switchibox thingy). I did pick up a ton of games at a buck each just in case I ever get it working again:

Pac-Man

RealSPorts Tennis

Pole Position

Joust

Defender

Space Invaders

Super Breakout

Qix

Soccer

I also scored a bunch of SNES games for $1 each. What's with all the SNES games lately? Or is it just me?

Super Punch Out

Paperboy 2

Super Return of the Jedi

Home Alone 2

Family Fued

WrestleMania

Royal Rumble

Aladdin

Super Star Wars

For the first time ever I found a 7800 game in the wild. TI was a brand new still shrinked dig dug :lol: but for 3 bucks why not. Now I can say I'vwe got 7800 stuff in the wild!! Also picked up a sealed copy of Defender 2 at the same time. Got that one pretty much just to take out the SARA chip. It was 3 dollars also.

I decided to hit the Arlington, TX thrifts today, since I haven't gone that route in ages. Found almost nothing. It seems like the eBay resellers clean the stores out before I can get to them. I used to find videogame stuff all the time in that town, now it's down to a trickle.

Bought a first generation Sega Saturn gamepad for 99¢, a 6-button Sega Genesis controller with no markings except "Neon" like the Dodge Neon car logo (?) for 99¢, and three bare Genesis cartridges for $4.98 each: Sword of Vermillion, Chakan, and Mega Turrican. I was forced to pass on a Sega wireless Genesis controller/receiver because some dumbass tore the baggie open and swiped something out, losing the price tag in the process.

@Shawn: I find PPII's in the wild all the time, and I've found about a dozen other 7800 carts in the wild. Some of them were boxed when I found them, and Desert Falcon has a box now, too.

I picked up the DMG Gameboy version of Miner 2049er today in Norman. though I just missed Blitz SE, the Miner 2049er cartridge made the whole trip worth while. I never thought I'd see that cartridge again. I paid $7 for it, and I also got a Game Gear Mortal Kombat 2 cart.

found a Game Boy Color/Pocket link cable, new in box for $3 as Best Thrift the other day. I picked it up today since my Game Boy collection is starting to fill out. Now I may go looking for dupes of the Game Link titles I've got. I know Battleship is gonna be a royal pain to find--I've been searching for that cart since 1993, and it was very rare when it came out.

For the first time ever I found a 7800 game in the wild. TI was a brand new still shrinked dig dug :lol: but for 3 bucks why not. Now I can say I'vwe got 7800 stuff in the wild!! Also picked up a sealed copy of Defender 2 at the same time. Got that one pretty much just to take out the SARA chip. It was 3 dollars also.

shawn most of my 7800 collection was found in the wild 1 found 1/2 and a kid who collected b4 me who worked at a game store had picked them up as they came in

There's enough backlog of games now to start buying them.Why fuss with the new stuff,start checkin bargin bins for the current gen gamez.It's all good,cause (for me at least)new gen can wait!I wanna find all the PS2,XBox and Cube game I always wanted to play now for some good prices.

But it does suck about Lik-Sang :(

There's enough backlog of games now to start buying them.Why fuss with the new stuff,start checkin bargin bins for the current gen gamez.It's all good,cause (for me at least)new gen can wait!I wanna find all the PS2,XBox and Cube game I always wanted to play now for some good prices.

Wasn't this supposed to go in the "Lik-Sang is out of business" thread? :lol:

Anyway, I've been hitting bargain bins for modern games, and hauling home stacks of stuff. A CompUSA that's closing down near me is my local source. They don't have anything left anymore, but for a while I was picking up games there for practically pocketchange. Mostly Xbox titles for some reason. I guess with a new Xbox console on the market, nobody wants to buy games for the original. Good news for me, when I can either spend $50 for a new title or pick up 7 or 8 older titles for the same amount.

Wasn't this supposed to go in the "Lik-Sang is out of business" thread? :lol:

Anyway, I've been hitting bargain bins for modern games, and hauling home stacks of stuff. A CompUSA that's closing down near me is my local source. They don't have anything left anymore, but for a while I was picking up games there for practically pocketchange. Mostly Xbox titles for some reason. I guess with a new Xbox console on the market, nobody wants to buy games for the original. Good news for me, when I can either spend $50 for a new title or pick up 7 or 8 older titles for the same amount.

What the heck!!!!!I thought I clicked on the right one,sorry guyys!!

:sad:

I haven't gone through this whole thread, but I may have something that ranks up with the best of them.

A couple years back I stopped by a yard sale that was wrapping up. They had a complete Atari 2600 4-switch woodgrain IN THE ORIGINAL BOX. The box was a little beat up but still real nice for its age.

Anyway, I whipped out $10 and offered it, expected to get rejected. Nope! Lady gave it to me!

And by GAVE, I mean GAVE. For FREE.

That's how I got my Atari 2600 and its box. :lust:

Kevin

Almost had Dragon Warrior II last night. I was at the checkout at my local game store. Some lady had just brought in a whole crap of sega genesis and nes games. What do I see but a minty boxed copy of Dragon Warrior 2. I motion to my friends behind the counter like you would to a teacher. They just nod and smile. The lady that brought it in was paid and I went and rummaged through the stuff before it went behind the counter. I grabbed out the Dragon Warrior II without opening the box. I paid 2.50 for it and grabbed my other purchases. I went to the truck to open it and lo and behold some crap game was in there. I took it back in and got me another game and they allowed me to keep the box and instructions. Now all I need is a orphan. 8-(

Here is my other finds

Ecco The Tides of Time~Gen 2.50

Bonanza Bros.~Gen 2.50

Road Rash III~Gen 2.50

Milon's Secret Castle~NES 2.50

Kung Fu~NES Free

Ghost & Goblins~NES Free

Dragon Warrior II Box and Inst.

Super Mario Bros/Duck Inst.

I got a ton of games @ Wally World on clearance $5 a piece ($10 for the Eyetoy)

post-4102-1161888614_thumb.jpg

Not pictured:

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 - Xbox

Need For Speed Underground 2 - GC

:)

And about a month ago I got Zelda Wind Waker and Mario Golf new @ KMart for $8 a piece

Got a Gamecube for $10 at a flea market without AC adaptor or any controllers,but it came with a box!

:ponder:

Got a Commodore 64, 1541 Disk Drive,Commodore 64C & 1541 II Disk Drive at a flea market all for $8

The drives work but the Commodores dont :( :(

Today i picked up 5 cd-i games for 1,50 euro each.

Video Speedway

Zelda The wand of gamelon

Lords of the rising lords

CD shoot

The Palm Springs Open

I've got the feeling that i find stuff in waves. First i did find a lot of videopac games, after that i had a period where i found a lot of sega stuff, after that i did find a lot of 2600 stuff and now lately i do find a lot of cd-i games.

Got a Commodore 64, 1541 Disk Drive,Commodore 64C & 1541 II Disk Drive at a flea market all for $8

The drives work but the Commodores dont :( :(

If the computers act completely dead, it's probably the power supplies, especially if they're the stock bricks -- notoriously failure-prone and practically unserviceable.

good deal Jferio, i felt that way when i got my second one with 20 games for 10.00

past few days....

Free:

Nes games in nes box game holder

double dragon II

anticipation

double dribble

Dr. Mario

Temco baseball

golf

ice hocky

blades of steel (Red label version)

championship bowling

Boxes and inst only

marble madness

volleyball

Syphon filter the omega strain 3.96 new

Free:

grand turismo case

grand turismo booklet

Jet moto 2 case

specops covert assualt complete

syphon filter 3 complete

Mortal kombat anthology booklet and disk

Ehregiz God bless the ring booklet and disk

Wizard of wor with booklet .50

omega race with booklet .75

blueprint with booklet .50

135 atari 2600 doubles from the atariauctions deal 10.00 from friend.